Alexander Isak

Disco

8 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Yeah, but it was Bournemouth....

And they had plenty of the ball in the right areas tbh. They just couldn't do much with it. That's why they are where they are.

I would t say they had plenty of ball, the odd turnover from a midfield tackle was about it. And our midfield hasn’t been giving inroads into our defence all season. West Ham was the same. So was Arsenal and Manure away. 

Edit: I appreciate Bruno’s been part of those last 2 results. Just saying our midfield has been effective as a defensive shield and a method to progress to the final third, Bruno or not. 

Edited by greydos

1 hour ago, greydos said:

I would t say they had plenty of ball, the odd turnover from a midfield tackle was about it. And our midfield hasn’t been giving inroads into our defence all season. West Ham was the same. So was Arsenal and Manure away. 

Edit: I appreciate Bruno’s been part of those last 2 results. Just saying our midfield has been effective as a defensive shield and a method to progress to the final third, Bruno or not. 

I think a big part of that was Bruno and Willock though. Both of them can work in tight spaces and transition the ball forward, I think we've become a bit more limited in both our pressing and releasing the ball early with them out.

On 16/02/2023 at 17:00, TRon said:

I think a big part of that was Bruno and Willock though. Both of them can work in tight spaces and transition the ball forward, I think we've become a bit more limited in both our pressing and releasing the ball early with them out.

Clearly there’s some on here that see Willock in a totally different light to me. He’s adept at running into space with the ball, but after his loan spell I’d say his output in terms of goals or assists isn’t too far off pre-purple patch Almiron. Lad plays like he’s half asleep far too often for my liking.

Edited by Ghandis Flip-Flop
Clarified I meant after his loan finished

I think we need Willock and Joelinton if Burn is staying in the team. We saw at Arsenal the protection they give him but they're also a pain to defend against with their link up play and switching positions.

On the other hand, I don't want us to leave ASM out after Saturday. If Targett was fit I'd drop Burn and put Maxi in with Willock also left out.

2 hours ago, LiquidAK said:

Enjoyed that. Seems quite quiet but ooze's confidence. When he's settled with a proper run in the team we're gonna see some player like

Just based on the way he speaks, he seems like a smart guy. Maybe I'm comparing him to most other players though...

If we focus on playing to his strengths, we DO have some player like! When we signed him I actually couldn't believe it, even more so than Bruno who I knew of but wasn't rated in the same category as Isak at the time. Also because he's barely played for us I still don't believe we got him.

Edited by BonesJones

1 minute ago, LV said:

He needs a run of games from the start is all

Wilson needs benched for a bit 

Wouldn’t mind us going into a 4-4-2 but Wilson looks genuinely shocking. Wonder if his body is finally giving up on him?

If Wilson has to start, play him and Isak together. This man has to be on the pitch for us. We spent ~£60m on him to score goals for us, and he's not on the pitch from the start when we're struggling to score goals.

Maybe not at Man City but ASM, Wilson and Isak all to start v Wolves pls 

Not calling for Howe's head, or anything close to that, but his approach to bedding Isak into the team has objectively been proved wrong IMO. Unless Isak has a chronic conditioning issue.

Mistakes are as serious as the results they cause, and it feels like we've missed an opportunity to get Isak to gel in a new attack by persisting with Wilson when it just wasn't working or even showing signs of turning around.