Alexander Isak

Disco

3 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Commentator over here definitely mentioned it a few times. Not sure I'd had really noticed but when it's Burn/Schar/Botman/Wood in the box it becomes kind of hard to miss. :lol:

Pope is an absolute giant. Big Joe and Little Joe are a decent size as well.

1 hour ago, thomas said:

no one should post on manu forums. here's what the patter is like on redcafe -

image.thumb.png.63c99e9af8a44f378e70b2431c33f036.png

one of the all time top-3 worst football takes ever.

That cannot be a serious take [emoji38]

11 minutes ago, pedro111 said:

So was this goal at the weekend a deflection or a class finish? I've seen it four times now but can't make my mind up. :lol:

The defender got a foot on it just before Isak hit it.

Isak's shot then looped clean (I think) over the GK, but the defender definitely touched it fractionally before the strike which probably accounts for the weird trajectory the ball took. You can see that from the reverse angle from Isak's side of the pitch.

18 minutes ago, LFEE said:

They’ve dropped their asking price below the release clause. He’s now lowered his wage demands to £120k p/w from almost double ?

I don't think we'd be paying €75m for him if it wasnt for the Wilson injury. 

I think anyone who watches La Liga would say he's not worth €75m at the moment. I'm not complaining mind, I've wanted us to just splash some cash on who we rate all summer. Just don't think it fits in with the supposed strategy of being tough negotiators and only buying when we think it's really good value. 

1 minute ago, Jaqen said:

I don't think we'd be paying €75m for him if it wasnt for the Wilson injury. 

I think anyone who watches La Liga would say he's not worth €75m at the moment. I'm not complaining mind, I've wanted us to just splash some cash on who we rate all summer. Just don't think it fits in with the supposed strategy of being tough negotiators and only buying when we think it's really good value. 

Maybe we DO think that it’s good value given that we walked away from a much higher quoted price only two months ago? 

Guest HTT II
1 hour ago, McCormick said:

:lol: I’m still really excited tbf. With time and the right set-up the guy could be something really special.

Not to piss on anyone’s chips, saying he’s overrated doesn’t equate to me saying he’s shit. He’s really good but gets more shine than his play and achievements warrant. Paying probably 15m too much but fuck it, he’s such a big name it’s worth it!

Back in :thup:

14 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Commentator over here definitely mentioned it a few times. Not sure I'd had really noticed but when it's Burn/Schar/Botman/Wood in the box it becomes kind of hard to miss. :lol:

Although none of them are that much of a threat at set pieces mind.

12 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Maybe we DO think that it’s good value given that we walked away from a much higher quoted price only two months ago? 

Exactly. Other clubs like it or not are setting markers for clubs to compare their players worth so the simple question to ask is, is this a much better deal than say Gordon who’s of a similar position?

I actually think it’s the huge drop in wage demands that’s swung the deal. Saving approx £10m on the original fee a bonus but if you give someone a 5 year contract on £120k p/w than £250k p/w then you’ve saved theoretically £34m in wages so the deal is £44m cheaper than it was 7 weeks ago ?

Not just that but with the original deal you’d then have to up everyone’s wages to keep them happy.

Massively different deal and no doubt a small compromise on our side also.

Edited by LFEE

If we get Isak and Pedro, I'd imagine the final piece of the puzzle would be a defensive midfielder that would allow Bruno to play further forward. Bruno would be the De Bruyne to Isak's Haaland in that scenario - one to unlock defenses, the other to put away the chances.

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Exactly. Other clubs like it or not are setting markers for clubs to compare their players worth so the simple question to ask is, is this a much better deal than say Gordon who’s of a similar position?

I actually think it’s the huge drop in wage demands that’s swung the deal. Saving approx £10m on the original fee a bonus but if you give someone a 5 year contract on £120k p/w than £250k p/w then you’ve saved theoretically £34m in wages so the deal is £44m cheaper than it was 7 weeks ago ?

Where has the wages info come from?