Alexander Isak

Disco

Question for @Nobody and @AlanSkÃrare (thanks @HawK), most of the Isak stuff I've seen has been YT and it's mostly him driving forward on breaks. How do you think he'd cope against teams sitting deeper and keeping his back to goal 25yds or so out ? Has he the movement and Control ?

Edited by madras

1 minute ago, madras said:

Question for nobody and AlanSkarare (sorry about the spelling), most of the Isak stuff I've seen has been YT and it's mostly him driving forward on breaks. How do you think he'd cope against teams sitting deeper and keeping his back to goal 25yds or so out ? Has he the movement and Control ?

Not seen much of him back to goal in the footage I’ve been watching on loop since yesterday. But his touch, frame, footwork and ability to play off either foot is going to be a massive help, you would have thought. 

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Have I missed something? Why would Sam Fender be there?

Part of Isaks signing on package. 6mill as he didn't request a transfer, 1.5 bonus, club house until he gets his own, Fender doing a one on one rendition of "Howdon Aldi death queue" and a Steak bake.

12 minutes ago, madras said:

Question for @Nobody and @AlanSkÃrare (thanks @HawK), most of the Isak stuff I've seen has been YT and it's mostly him driving forward on breaks. How do you think he'd cope against teams sitting deeper and keeping his back to goal 25yds or so out ? Has he the movement and Control ?

Definitely. Wouldn't be launching 50 yard balls to his head though, he's not that typ of target man. He is very good at controlling difficult passes though, similar to Wilson, though Wilson is stronger. Isak has really quick feet, so he is able control most passes. 

As for teams sitting deep, he will be absolutely loving playing with Bruno and running onto his through balls. 

3 minutes ago, Magpie said:

Never knew he was at Dortmund 

Barely got a sniff there Tbf. Played under 4 managers in three years time, was sent out on loan to Holland where he got his career back on track (scored in 12 games in a row or something) before moving to Sociedad.