Alexander Isak

Disco

4 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Aye definitely nothing to do with new processes post brexit a backlog due to covid and likely high amounts of staff absence. 

not to mention not getting a pay rise for donkey years. 

damn those feckless British workers. 

Mental isn't it, the amount of boot lickers the likes of "Lord" Sugar has [emoji38]

1 hour ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

What’s with the 6:45 cut off? Surely we could make him as a sub or even in the first 11 and if the clearance doesn’t come in we simply lose a sub?

If it's not getting done for 6:45 then it's not getting done any later than that. Might as well just hope it comes through by Friday.

6 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Oh ffs. Sorry. "Our third midfielder, who is most responsible for getting into similar positions to what a ten might," seemed a bit long winded for an adult forum.

I don't see that as his role.

I see our midfield setup not dissimilar to Liverpool's in that role. The role of Henderson, Milner, Gini etc. is largely a physical role. It's to win the midfield battle through quick, power and hard running and to instigate attacks from the transition.

Willock's natural game is to make off the ball runs and get into galscoring positions but his primary role is above. The same can be said for Joelinton - their touch map, position map are very similar and their roles are the same. But Joelinton is going to get on the ball more and carry it on the dribble. And he's not so confident in the box so is in the box a little less, has less touches and shots. But you look at the games or the data and it's not like "you sit and you go forward and attack".

I would say the moral of this story is if buying players from outside the UK try and bring them in early during the closed season if possible. It would avoid these kind of delays. You’re fucked however during the January window!

Edited by FloydianMag

1 hour ago, Happinesstan said:

Can you quote the bit that makes that statement as I think you might be full of shit,

There is nothing to say his attributes can't be used in different ways. Look at Bruno. A DM/CDM through and through, but we want to use him in a more advanced role because we recognise his attributes are beneficial to the way we want to play in the PL.

Just now, geordie_b said:

I’m guessing he’s not even allowed to train or be at the training ground without his work permit?

If you ignore the photos of him training at the training ground, correct. 

8 minutes ago, Zero said:

I genuinely don’t mind him playing ST or LW or RW, I just mind him not available for tonight and we have to play Wood

Could see us starting with ASM upfront tonight tbh.

Can't afford to carry Wood against them lot.

Just now, KaKa said:

put out the bairns and save everyone else for the weekend.  We never win this fixture anyway!   Tally Ho!

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I'm carrying Wood right now after reading Ando's post on the transfer thread tbf.

1 minute ago, Kasper said:

Brilliant stuff. I'm 100% sure they'll happily tell some random bald cunt exactly what is happening with another person's work permit application. 

Would having hair help ?