Alexander Isak

Disco

3 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Obviously have Edwards to thank for them expediting the process. 

Given his new status as a diplomatic fixer, someone should book him a visit to the Saudi embassy in Istanbul.

6 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

But if you keep winning, you don't need to. :lol:

I'm not saying Howe is right, or that he's wrong. Just that I'm fairly sure that this is how he's playing it, and that I at least understand his reasoning. And it seems to be working with all the players completely behind him from what I can tell.

Well for starters we don't keep winning, haven't won since the first game of the season.

Guest HTT II
7 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

But if you keep winning, you don't need to. :lol:

I'm not saying Howe is right, or that he's wrong. Just that I'm fairly sure that this is how he's playing it, and that I at least understand his reasoning. And it seems to be working with all the players completely behind him from what I can tell.

Of. Purse you do, to give players a rest, to maintain fitness levels and well, you know, give someone a start to see what they can do. 

9 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Fair assumption to make imo when you quote me on a post where I say we shouldn't use him as a winger, arguing for why he'd do well on the wing.

Either way, you've clarified your position so no point wasting more time on it :thup:

Not in modern football where players can perform numerous different roles in the same position. Particularly when I specify i want him operating in the box.

But like you say, enough time wasted.

Just now, TK-421 said:

NOOOO, he didn't. Did he??? (Can't be sure as he blocked me)

Nah. But I realised I left the wrong date on the fake tweet :lol:  He's definitely thinking it though.

Edited by Skeletor

Guest HTT II
Just now, Wolfcastle said:

Few minutes and prepped for his real debut against Palace I'd think.

He doesn’t play for them anymore!

15 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Wood has already started 2 games in the last 7 days and he's hardly mobile at the best of times. Starting him tonight seems insane. 

He was brought off after about 60 mins on Wednesday, mind. Could just be that we didn't know the situation with Isak, and were taking a precaution.

I'd have no problem with Isak starting in any of the front 3 positions, but I think we might go with Wood and bring on Isak for the last 30 mins.

So much depends upon Maxi's availability.

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

I don't see that as his role.

I see our midfield setup not dissimilar to Liverpool's in that role. The role of Henderson, Milner, Gini etc. is largely a physical role. It's to win the midfield battle through quick, power and hard running and to instigate attacks from the transition.

Willock's natural game is to make off the ball runs and get into galscoring positions but his primary role is above. The same can be said for Joelinton - their touch map, position map are very similar and their roles are the same. But Joelinton is going to get on the ball more and carry it on the dribble. And he's not so confident in the box so is in the box a little less, has less touches and shots. But you look at the games or the data and it's not like "you sit and you go forward and attack".

Fair enough. 

But Willock isn't getting into goalscoring positions very often. He's very often the missing body in the box. Isak could be that extra body, but it means changin things around a little and I'm just describing how I think that would be best achieved.

Not a lot of sense in replacing Willock with another Willock as the results will be the same.

I'm also thinking about when Wilson is fit, but talking about when we're reliant on Wood.

11 minutes ago, worthy said:

Please for the love of god start him 

Don't do it to yourself man, it's the hope that kills you. This is Howe, he'll come on after 70mins if we're lucky.