Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-1 Newcastle United (28/08/2022)

Yorkie

Been a weird game this, we've dominated the ball, but they've broke well and probably had the better chances. The pace of the game is really slow too, we need to take it up a gear. 

Their goal was a class strike mind.

Just now, ExiledGeordie said:

Some truly embarrassing comments. It’s a good job the players don’t fold so quickly like some on here 

Spot on. I've got one following me around on here.

People can't handle their emotions when we concede.

We were the better side for the majority of that half, can definitely still get something out of this. 

Willock's been well off the pace though, get Anderson on if he doesn't pull his finger out

Missing Bruno so much. We have 3 midfielders who are excellent at pressing, not so much at sliding passes through. Schar and Trippier effectively our playmakers now. It wouldn't be so bad if Shelvey wasnt out too. Obviously having Wood up top is making it even more painful.

I think 2-0 is more likely than us getting a goal. So toothless apart from Maxi.

6 minutes ago, duo said:

Yep - what is the point of VAR if not to overturn a poor ref decision.

Exactly. Howe should be giving him an earful at half time, but he doesn't seem like that kind of guy

Just now, Bimpy474 said:

DE's comment was daft enough (imo) without anyone having to throw names at it. Chill mate, no need to get it any daft bickering.

Yeah fair enough

We didn't capitalise on our possession; Willock missed that sitter (dunno why he hit it with his left foot) and we should've had a pen. We didn't and we allowed Wolves the only kind of goal they were going to score. Badly lacking in quality.

Don't think we've played too bad tbf. We are lacking quality upfront but when you lose Bruno and Wilson with no quality replacement, it's bound to happen.

Best bet is a goal from a set piece as we tend to tire in the 2nd half with a lack of squad depth. The is the sort of game where Anderson would be worth throwing on last 20mins if we are still chasing a goal. Wolves are a decent team at home and we aren't making it easy for them. Keep the faith! HWL! 

Edited by CPL

1 minute ago, nortoon said:

Missing Bruno so much. We have 3 midfielders who are excellent at pressing, not so much at sliding passes through. Schar and Trippier effectively our playmakers now. It wouldn't be so bad if Shelvey wasnt out too. Obviously having Wood up top is making it even more painful.

I think 2-0 is more likely than us getting a goal. So toothless apart from Maxi.

Wood constantly drifting away from any fucking spot where he could be of some sort of threat is also a big problem. He is hiding away and we need to get rid as fast as possible.

Edited by worthy

Just now, LiquidAK said:

Maxi showing exactly why he's never been wanted by a traditional top club. So inconsistent, infuriating at times. Back in his "I'll do it all myself" mode which 9/10 games is useless.

Early on there was a point where 2 players were right on top of him and he could have passed the ball to one of two players who were in space. He took them on and inevitably lost possession.