Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-1 Newcastle United (28/08/2022)

Yorkie

Great point. We worked very hard today. Lacked a lot of quality up front sadly. Anderson definitely needs more mins over others who've had time. Absolute wonder goal from ASM, that volley gets better ever time you see it.

Said before the game I'd take a point. We're still unbeaten. Isak will feature against Liverpool, and hopefully Bruno as well. And on Thursday I'm travelling to England :aww:

It's fun to see all the different reactions on here. The negativity, the positivity, the hope, the hunger that Howe has created in us in such a short time. What a time to be a Newcastle fan. Wishing you all a wonderful rest of the weekend :aww:

Edited by andyman

Decent result given we were missing a few key players. Thought we had the better of the game but just lacked a bit of quality for the most part until an unreal bit of quality from ASM. The technique to finish a dropping ball like that is insane.

Nice little cameo from Anderson when he came on, think he could become a real player

Just now, Ste said:

A lot of positives to take from that, and a lot more to come when we have players back from injury and make further signings.

Schar can really put his foot through a ball, thought it was maybe too close for Trippier.

Yeah, too close for Trippier.

I can see what Schar was trying to do, but unfortunately it is too easy to slice it, like he did when you try it.

We looked much, much more threatening once Wood left the pitch. Bit of a smash and grab for a point at the end and could even have won it. Could be a costly point gained if we have more injuries to key players though.

Just now, ikri said:

Not sure we deserved that, though given the last few minutes we were pretty unlucky not to sneak a win.  We were pretty toothless throughout, Wood was utterly anonymous again.

Horrific refereeing again didn't help.

Stange take, unless you mean a draw was harsh on us?

Mixed bag. Overall performance was reasonable. Certainly didn't deserve to lose but we were poor in final third. Corners were lukewarm at best, we wasted our set pieces.

Passing was good at times, attitude was good, we pressured well, defending was solid.

2 great strikes and 1-1 draw. I will take it. Stay unbeaten.

1 minute ago, JB said:

I'm not sure anyone knows why Schär took it :lol:

I think because it was so close. Trippier shoot them over the wall. Schär scored one like that against Tottenham? I mean difficult to get up and over from so close. Poor kick though.

A lot of positives from that anyway given the front 6 we had to put out.

Bruno Lage is woeful though, Wolves could be a great side with a manager who can get that team firing. Mental tactics with that midfield.

Edited by Hanshithispantz