Liverpool vs. Newcastle United - 31/8/22 @ 8pm (BTSport)

I guess I either have to stay away from all football news and watch the replay  tomorrow or just read about it. I have a two hour video conference for work at the exact same time as the game today. *sigh* 

Edited by McDog

I’m not confident we can get anything from this at all. They’ve clicked and we’re patched up without quality in reserve. Reckon it’ll be as regulation defeat there as it comes. Throw in another crap refereeing performance and it’ll be the cookie cutter Anfield experience 

image.thumb.png.059fe503fef2909e8e430b5d174f4879.png

Thought we gave them a proper game last season and were shafted, as usual. I know we're weaker tonight than we would otherwise be, but surely we're closer to them now than we were last season?

We ended up with Ritchie at LB after 15 minutes, ffs.

1 minute ago, Rich said:

image.thumb.png.059fe503fef2909e8e430b5d174f4879.png

Thought we gave them a proper game last season and were shafted, as usual. I know we're weaker tonight than we would otherwise be, but surely we're closer to them now than we were last season?

We ended up with Ritchie at LB after 15 minutes, ffs.

Christ that team is awful [emoji38]

And yet people are moaning that we haven't invested enough...

Isak to play from start, replacing ASM on left. 
Anderson to start in second half replacing wood and shifting to a front line of miggy Isak anderson

Gonna destroy these smelly bin dippin bandits!

Obviously would love to see Isak up top instead of Wood but think we'll see him off the bench and Wood starting.

Fraser in for ASM on the left.

Same front six as Sunday, otherwise.

It's not exciting by any means but I don't hate the idea of keeping ourselves in the game for 60 minutes and then introducing Isak and Anderson from the bench, might be able to cause them a few problems.

Anyone reckon we could get away with playing Schar as a defensive midfielder in a 4-1-4-1 formation tonite?

Pope

Trippier Botman Burn Targett

Schar

Willock Joelinton Almiron Anderson

Isak 

Dont look too bad to me. 

Edited by Ken Boon

Just now, Ken Boon said:

Anyone reckon we could get away with playing Schar as a defensive midfielder i a 4-1-4-1 formation tonite?

Pope

Trippier Botman Burn Targett

Schar

Willock Joelinton Almiron Anderson

Isak 

Dont look too bad to me. 

Stop it..