West Ham United P-P Newcastle United - 11/9/22 @ 2pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Cancelling events is utterly pointless, leaving thousands of people out of pocket for travel, hotels etc. Even worse than that are all the people who think everything (except working ofc) until the funeral.

When the last one popped his clogs (George VI), he died at 7:30am.  We played Spurs that afternoon and the country was well aware that he’d died.

Right bunch of wet blankets this country has become.  Isn’t ‘Vivat Rex’ meant to be the cry?  (For monarchists, anyhow)

4 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Any word on the Bournemouth game?

It’s for the sports governing bodies to decide if games are postponed, would imagine this weekend will be it as logistically trying to fit in 2 rounds of games this season is almost impossible.

8 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

When the last one popped his clogs (George VI), he died at 7:30am.  We played Spurs that afternoon and the country was well aware that he’d died.

Right bunch of wet blankets this country has become.  Isn’t ‘Vivat Rex’ meant to be the cry?  (For monarchists, anyhow)

impressive list of inaccuracies. He died in the evening, it was announced in the morning. We didn’t have a game that day. We played spurs 4 days before he died. Played Fulham 3 days after he died. 

Hope the games go ahead this weekend. Don’t think they will. 

https://www.11v11.com/teams/newcastle-united/tab/matches/season/1952/

4 minutes ago, ilikenewcastle said:

Disgrace if these get cancelled. 1 day of national mourning for the funeral with events being cancelled is maybe appropriate. This would just be doing something for the sake of doing something (for the benefit of nobody).

Yeah but that’s how this country rolls.

4 minutes ago, ilikenewcastle said:

Disgrace if these get cancelled. 1 day of national mourning for the funeral with events being cancelled is maybe appropriate. This would just be doing something for the sake of doing something (for the benefit of nobody).

Next week yes but not this weekend totally pointless and 100 % not on behalf of the general public 

Absolute joke mind. Return train tickets gonna go completely to waste. That isn't some small expense that I can justify just pissing away either. 

And if I want to go to the re-arranged fixture to make use of the ticket I've bought, which will probably be midweek, that's gonna be more train tickets, a hotel and probably two days of annual leave used up.

Can accept cancellations for things like train strikes, or bomb scares, or global pandemics - but cancelling it for a completely unrelated event is really irritating. Especially when we're all expected to continue going to work.

5 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Absolute joke mind. Return train tickets gonna go completely to waste. That isn't some small expense that I can justify just pissing away either. 

And if I want to go to the re-arranged fixture to make use of the ticket I've bought, which will probably be midweek, that's gonna be more train tickets, a hotel and probably two days of annual leave used up.

Can accept cancellations for things like train strikes, or bomb scares, or global pandemics - but cancelling it for a completely unrelated event is really irritating. Especially when we're all expected to continue going to work.

Match ticket will be refundable obviously.

The club might (and I have absolutely nothing to back this up with) offer some kind of compensation towards travel. Would have no chance of that under Ashley, but Mandy and co may see it as good PR (as well as being the right thing to do).

29 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Look up the Book With Confidence scheme. Advanced Tickets can be exchanged for vouchers to use again change the journey dates if possible.