West Ham United P-P Newcastle United - 11/9/22 @ 2pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Just now, Pata said:

Absurd decision, 96-year old lady sleeps away naturally and this is the reaction?

I mean, she was Britain’s longest serving monarch. It’s kind of a big deal :lol:

I can see why they did it 

Rugby getting it right…

Rugby Union to go ahead this weekend

GAME UPDATE: The official guidance we have received from Government is that there can be respectful continuation of sport at all levels this weekend.

The overwhelming opinions shared so far within the game, are that teams and supporters want to come together to honour Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II to be united in our grief as we express sorrow at her passing.

Rugby, at its heart, is about community and bringing people together, in good times and in sad. Rugby clubs are a source of strength and support during times of uncertainty, and we hope that by enabling games and other rugby activity to go ahead this weekend, with families and friends congregating it will help us all to unite at this time of national mourning.

We strongly encourage all those playing sport this weekend to respectfully pay tribute to Her Majesty The Queen by holding a minute’s silence ahead of all fixtures this weekend. This an opportunity for teams from different areas to join together in honouring and celebrating her life.

For clubs who have outdoor screens or for clubhouse televisions, graphics will be available to display via englandrugby.com/resources later today.
Postponements

While for many in the game, matches this weekend will be an opportunity to come together and celebrate the life of Queen Elizabeth II, there may be some clubs who will find it more appropriate to postpone their fixture, such as those with closer connections to the Royal Family or those with large numbers of players in the military or emergency services who may be called away to work on official duties as a result. If that is the case, both clubs may agree to postpone their fixture this weekend without penalty – in that case they must inform their Organising Committee at least four hours before kick-off. Revised fixture dates would be arranged according to the relevant competition regulations. We trust the rugby community will respect the wishes of those clubs who wish to postpone because of the sad news and what is needed following it.

Guidance for matches and rugby activity for the remainder of the National Mourning Period will follow as early as possible next week.
Our thanks to Her Majesty The Queen
We are deeply grateful for Her Majesty’s support of our sport over many years, including serving as the RFU’s Patron for 64 years, helping the Union to celebrate its centenary in 1971, her reception at Buckingham Palace after England won the Rugby World Cup in 2003, and honours bestowed on many of those who have served the game.

Her Majesty earned the respect and affection of generations of rugby players and supporters here in England and around the world. On behalf of the rugby union community in England, we offer our condolences to the whole Royal Family at this time. 

The St George’s Flag has been lowered to half-mast at Twickenham Stadium.

Regardless of what you think of the royal family, the Queen worked tirelessly as an embassador for this country for 70 years and was widely respected throughout the world. The ramifications of her passing will ripple through society, if that means a game or two of football is suspended then its not the end of the world. I'm not a royalist nor an anti royalist but take a step back and realise this is generational changing moment in time.

2 minutes ago, LV said:

I mean, she was Britain’s longest serving monarch. It’s kind of a big deal :lol:

I can see why they did it 

Obviously she was an important person but you mourned yesterday and have all day to mourn today. Next week is all about mourning too waiting for the funeral, does football really have to be called off? And absolutely no thought given to people and businesses who lose money due to this.

2 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Rugby getting it right…

GAME UPDATE: The official guidance we have received from Government is that there can be respectful continuation of sport at all levels this weekend.

The overwhelming opinions shared so far within the game, are that teams and supporters want to come together to honour Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II to be united in our grief as we express sorrow at her passing.

Rugby, at its heart, is about community and bringing people together, in good times and in sad. Rugby clubs are a source of strength and support during times of uncertainty, and we hope that by enabling games and other rugby activity to go ahead this weekend, with families and friends congregating it will help us all to unite at this time of national mourning.

We strongly encourage all those playing sport this weekend to respectfully pay tribute to Her Majesty The Queen by holding a minute’s silence ahead of all fixtures this weekend. This an opportunity for teams from different areas to join together in honouring and celebrating her life.

For clubs who have outdoor screens or for clubhouse televisions, graphics will be available to display via englandrugby.com/resources later today.
Postponements

While for many in the game, matches this weekend will be an opportunity to come together and celebrate the life of Queen Elizabeth II, there may be some clubs who will find it more appropriate to postpone their fixture, such as those with closer connections to the Royal Family or those with large numbers of players in the military or emergency services who may be called away to work on official duties as a result. If that is the case, both clubs may agree to postpone their fixture this weekend without penalty – in that case they must inform their Organising Committee at least four hours before kick-off. Revised fixture dates would be arranged according to the relevant competition regulations. We trust the rugby community will respect the wishes of those clubs who wish to postpone because of the sad news and what is needed following it.

Guidance for matches and rugby activity for the remainder of the National Mourning Period will follow as early as possible next week.
We are deeply grateful for Her Majesty’s support of our sport over many years, including serving as the RFU’s Patron for 64 years, helping the Union to celebrate its centenary in 1971, her reception at Buckingham Palace after England won the Rugby World Cup in 2003, and honours bestowed on many of those who have served the game.

Her Majesty earned the respect and affection of generations of rugby players and supporters here in England and around the world. On behalf of the rugby union community in England, we offer our condolences to the whole Royal Family at this time. 

Proper men!

2 minutes ago, Pata said:

Obviously she was an important person but you mourned yesterday and have all day to mourn today. Next week is all about mourning too waiting for the funeral, does football really have to be called off? And absolutely no thought given to people and businesses who lose money due to this.

Nah, it’s a huge deal.

Some people are gonna make symbolic decisions to show their respect, others will do it on other ways.

Im gutted the match is off but can understand why. 

3 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Rugby getting it right…

Postponements

That's a home run right there. Puts the Premier League to shame.

25 minutes ago, Wandy said:

I distinctly remember feeling gutted as I was sure we'd have beaten the dippers that day.

Worserer 

Down in that there Laaandaan Town with the ex, her sister and hubby. Went to see Les Miserables (how apt) then clubbing only wake up the Sunday morning, to descend into a forlorn hotel dining room full of crying humans for my full English. The other 3 were already there and informed me of her overnight demise. 

I tucked in, heartily, while the whole room stared at me open mouthed. 

"wtf, I'm clamming man" 

They decided they wanted to go to Buck House to pay their respects, much to my well voiced chagrin. 

I've never seen anything like it. Mass hysteria

I made my excuses and fucked off to a cafe with the morning papers. 

When they'd finished howling we set off for home. Me looking forward to the match. 

Radio news telling us the match was off then having to listen to Candle in the Wind for 4 hours tipped me over. 

The Royal Family hated her and the establishment turned it into an exercise in Monarchy propaganda. 

Edited by Groundhog63

1 hour ago, TRon said:

Even Sky Sports News channel has been cancelled. Honestly would love to fuck off out of the country for a week if I wasn't already booked for a vacation next month.

I do get that we need to pay respects, but it's the same as when Diana died, everything just grinds to a halt while the whole country competes to show how much they mourning we can do in public.

Just started my three week break in Greece. Gutted to be missing all the mourning / morning events during this time.

3 minutes ago, Ken Boon said:

Maybe Lizzies dad, the previous monarch who died in 1952 or thereabouts wasn't as important as Lizzy seeing as they didn't cancel the football

after he died. 🤪

He certainly didn’t reign as long as her 

10 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Worserer 

Down in that there Laaandaan Town with the ex, her sister and hubby. Went to see Les Miserables (how apt) then clubbing only wake up the Sunday morning, to descend into a forlorn hotel dining room full of crying humans for my full English. The other 3 were already there and informed me of her overnight demise. 

I tucked in, heartily, while the whole room stared at me open mouthed. 

"wtf, I'm clamming man" 

They decided they wanted to go to Buck House to pay their respects, much to my well voiced chagrin. 

I've never seen anything like it. Ma's hysteria

I made my excuses and fucked off to a cafe with the morning papers. 

When they'd finished howling we set off for home. Me looking forward to the match. 

Radio news telling us the match was off then having to listen to Candle in the Wind for 4 hours tipped me over. 

The Royal Family hated her and the establishment turned it into an exercise in Monarchy propaganda. 

Ma’s hysteria :lol:

21 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Rugby getting it right…

Postponements

Bootcut stonewash jeans at half-mast?

30 minutes ago, Kanji said:

High chance now the next time we play we will be full strength again. 

We will now have to play two midweek games next year that we wouldn't have. Our squad is already stretched. The idea that this will benefit us seems fanciful considering we're already in an injury crisis because of the congested fixture list.