Manchester United vs Newcastle United - 16/10/22 @ 14:00 (No UK TV)

22 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

This comment from red cafe below made me laugh and is a sign where now getting noticed. Would love it if we beat these Salford/Cockney cunts.

‘We have a duty to football to pummel these sports washers.

They need to be schooled by a real football club’

Is that the “real” football club sponsored by a sports washing company  :alone:

Edited by PauloGeordio

Ah, ‘real club’. The eternal siren call of Manchester United fanzines in the nineties, whom,  not being content at supporting the best at the game, also decided that they were arbitrators on which clubs qualified to exist in a realm of realness befitting of sharing the sport with Manchester United PLC. The finest example of this was just after Italy beat France in 2006, United we Stand declared this a good thing as Italy are a ‘real football country’ and France are not.

Edited by Hovagod

Find these an odd bunch a bit like the scousers very anti England to the point they used to chant Argentina regularly. Very rare you’ll see a Liverpool or Man U flag at England Games.

What I will give them is that they create a siege mentality in their fan base of us against the rest and they don’t give a fuck. Very much think as a fanbase we’ll have to be thick skinned and adopt this going forward, we aren’t going to be everyone’s 2nd team this time around.

47 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Find these an odd bunch a bit like the scousers very anti England to the point they used to chant Argentina regularly. Very rare you’ll see a Liverpool or Man U flag at England Games.

What I will give them is that they create a siege mentality in their fan base of us against the rest and they don’t give a fuck. Very much think as a fanbase we’ll have to be thick skinned and adopt this going forward, we aren’t going to be everyone’s 2nd team this time around.

One of my pals in Manchester is a flag bumming patriot knacker and he hates the national team like. Very odd. Think it’s to do with Beckham in 98 and maybe a couple other incidents over the years. 

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I still hate these bastards quarter of a century on from when we were rivals - would be nice to see these fixtures injected with some meaning again.

Sunday is a nice starting point even if it's just for positions after this week and we're not likely to finish near them just yet.

Crazy to think we're as short as 23/10 to win here, and had it have been at SJP, we'd have very likely been the betting favourites. I think I said it earlier, or possibly another forum, but 23/10 is surely the shortest price we have ever been to win at Old Trafford, including those 1995-1997 years.

4 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

?? As long as we’re our best 1st I don’t give a damn! :indi:

So many positive vibes by our fans going into this game and I'm also very much looking forward to it. Got this nagging feeling in my mind that we'll get a 'brought back down to earth/reality check' and get soundly beaten. Obviously be delighted to be wrong and we put on a good performance ?

4 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Liverpool and Manchester have a huge following in Ireland and many of their supporters ancestors are from Ireland.  Tbh it would be odd if those supporters were pro England in the circumstances. 

50 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Having sat on it for a week, I still have no idea how to call this. I'd still happily shake on a point pre-game, but it's nice to be going to OT not expecting a certain defeat.

Aye likewise; gone for 2-1 home win in the predictions but I’d say it’s only a tiny weighting towards that over draw and us to win. Should be a decent game.

5 hours ago, Likelylad said:

One of my pals in Manchester is a flag bumming patriot knacker and he hates the national team like. Very odd. Think it’s to do with Beckham in 98 and maybe a couple other incidents over the years. 

Bit like all the flag shagging, dyed in the wool, Unionists I know. 

Almost universally despise the jocks, Welsh and Irish. 

I think it's called English exceptionalism ?

Same one's proud to be English but hate scousers, manicurians, cockneys etc etc

Also radged up a bunch of Irish lasses sang an Irish Republican ditty whilst also thinking swelling the streets of a German city singing "10 German bombers" is cool af

Strange bunch

21 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Isak being out still is a blow. Would have been a great option off the bench. Think our chances depend massively on Bruno being available too.

Wonder if we'll stick with Murphy just so in the 60-70th minute when Wilson comes off, we get an upgrade in Maxi coming on for Murphy around the same time to cancel out the downgrade that Wood will offer.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Wonder if we'll stick with Murphy just so in the 60-70th minute when Wilson comes off, we get an upgrade in Maxi coming on for Murphy around the same time to cancel out the downgrade that Wood will offer.

I think we will stick with Murphy, purely because he will work back more against Antony than ASM would.