Newcastle United vs. Everton - 19/10/22 @ 7:30pm (Amazon Prime)

HaydnNUFC

50 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

2007/08 Won 3-2 Butt, Emre, Owen

My first game at SJP back when I was a greasy haired teenager.* Thought we'd be in for some good times with Ashley. :lol:

*Now 32 year old skinhead. Life.

I think this could be a bit like the Palace and Bournemouth games.  We'll see plenty of the ball and create half chances.  But struggle to break them down, with them sitting deep. 

Having Bruno in the lineup and possibly able to play a bit further forward than Sunday, would be massive.  But then there must be question marks around Wilson's ability to start 2 games in 4 days and with Isak and ASM missing.  I still think we look poor offensively.

Stating the obvious.  But an early goal with the crowd still lively and fully onside would be absolutely huge and totally ruin their gameplan.  I think we'd comfortably win by 2-3 if that happened.  But if it is cagey like the two games I've mentioned.  Then I feel another 0-0 or 1-1 looms. 

5 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I think this could be a bit like the Palace and Bournemouth games.  We'll see plenty of the ball and create half chances.  But struggle to break them down, with them sitting deep. 

Having Bruno in the lineup and possibly able to play a bit further forward than Sunday, would be massive.  But then there must be question marks around Wilson's ability to start 2 games in 4 days and with Isak and ASM missing.  I still think we look poor offensively.

Stating the obvious.  But an early goal with the crowd still lively and fully onside would be absolutely huge and totally ruin their gameplan.  I think we'd comfortably win by 2-3 if that happened.  But if it is cagey like the two games I've mentioned.  Then I feel another 0-0 or 1-1 looms. 

Yes can see a tight 1-0, 1-1 type game 

I think Everton will be an odd one for alot of teams this season, they can raise their game and go toe to toe when they feel like it but also I think they always seem to be on the cusp of getting a battering.

They've gotten away with more points than they derserve this season because Pickford has been very good. Across the West Ham, Leeds and Southampton games he made a total of 13 saves to the oppositions total of 5. That can't go on that way all season without conceding way more on average per game.

7 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

I think Everton will be an odd one for alot of teams this season, they can raise their game and go toe to toe when they feel like it but also I think they always seem to be on the cusp of getting a battering.

They've gotten away with more points than they derserve this season because Pickford has been very good. Across the West Ham, Leeds and Southampton games he made a total of 13 saves to the oppositions total of 5. That can't go on that way all season without conceding way more on average per game.

They're definitely a lot tougher and have better leadership with Coady at the back. There’s more scrappers but they aren’t exactly prolific going forwards. 

As has been mentioned above the crowd and getting an early goal will be important. I’d be confident of seeing them off with everyone fit but this will much tighter now. 

They are hard to breakdown but it looks like they struggle playing against a good press too. They get caught on the ball quite a bit in midfield I've noticed. 

Think they've generally been quite lucky this season as well so far. Feel like it's either going to be a comfortable win or a really frustrating draw. 

Had a cousin who married a Everton fan, he wouldn't even talk about Liverpool FC without going in the huff.

Must have been around 70 - 71 he took me and another cousin who was Newcastle daft to see Everton v Newcastle at Goodison Pk, I remember we got beat.

I also remember the crowd trouble, Everton charged the Newcastle fans and scattered them, the Newcastle fans regrouped and Everton fans applauded them, then they attacked again.

Another time I was there we drew 4 - 4, a cracking game.

The scouse Mackems in my experience are a dangerous bunch, they have a element among them who given half a chance will attack.

Hope we hammer them on Wednesday, horrible fuckers.

18 hours ago, Mazzy said:

If Lampard has any awareness Pickford won't be playing as his fewm goes off the scale when he sets foot in St James, which in turn makes his arms shrink and his radge come flooding out

17 hours ago, relámpago blanco said:

Fraser in for Murphy. I wouldn't rest Almiron as I don't think he gets tired

Think I'd rather keep Murphy than fraser. Rather Anderson or even Joelinton out there than the first 2 like