Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

1 hour ago, The Bonk said:

Stood there with his phone out threatening Mina who's only played two matches all season. That's what you chose to do with your Saturday night? :lol: 

That made sense compared to harrassing Simms whose been on loan at Sunderland until a few weeks ago and played half an hour.

1 hour ago, toon25 said:

That's absolutely fucking embarrassing, that.

Scousers time and again showing themselves as the most embarrassing bunch of people in the UK. Nothing new.

Joint champions with the mackems of course.

Edited by Amir_9

43 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Supposed best referee in the league Michael Oliver on VAR in the Manchester derby, rubber stamping arguably the worst decision this season.

Michael Oliver was crap at the WC as well. Overrated.

2 hours ago, gbandit said:

Everton seem fucked on all fronts: financially, their manager, the relationship between the fans + owners and fans + players, the quality of the squad. Don’t see a scenario where they stay up this season 

It's glorious to see

it’s odd because Everton have been in the doldrums before and tbf, they’ve hardly been mainstays competing for European places but, whatever is going on there now has really hit a nerve and lots of them seem properly pissed off. 
I think as we’re on the outside we can’t appreciate what it is that’s got them so riled so I think having a pop at them is a bit harsh tbh. People are pretty much the same all over when it comes to it. 
Maybe one of our resident scousers could give us an insight into what’s sparked it off

@Neil?

5 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

evertonrafa1.jpg

evertonrafa2.jpg

GBXZLII5CZEBZEJ3JGRNG6VCBI.jpeg

To play the Evertonian advocate, 3 individual bedsheets don't reflect their entire fanbase. Fairly sure @1878 explained that before the results began to turn dreadful there wasn't any animosity inside Goodison Park towards Benitez, despite it being an appointment that was never going to work. And the 'fans expect the best banner', I believe that's play on their motto which is on their crest? Nil Stasis Nisi Optimum translates to 'Nothing But The Best' I think? May be wrong like.

4 minutes ago, Lotus said:

it’s odd because Everton have been in the doldrums before and tbf, they’ve hardly been mainstays competing for European places but, whatever is going on there now has really hit a nerve and lots of them seem properly pissed off. 
I think as we’re on the outside we can’t appreciate what it is that’s got them so riled so I think having a pop at them is a bit harsh tbh. People are pretty much the same all over when it comes to it. 
Maybe one of our resident scousers could give us an insight into what’s sparked it off

@Neil?

I'm not a scouser, but I'll have a stab. They've been in the top flight since 1954, so the vast majority of their fans have never known relegation, and see it as their divine right to stay there. Coupled with having to put up with local rivals who win trophies regularly and who have a worldwide following, that's quite a challenge to their pride. 

I can remember in the 80s, prior to the rise of Chelsea and Man City, there was a 'big five' of Arsenal, Spurs, Man U, Liverpool and Everton. I imagine that's where a number of their supporters expect the club to be.

1 hour ago, Unbelievable said:

How was that onside? Feet were level with Forest player leaning forward

edit: player even confirmed it himself

This is the first Johnson goal?

Just seen it as well

Makes me even more annoyed Isak's was disallowed against Liverpool