Tottenham Hotspur 1-2 Newcastle United (23/10/2022)

BlueStar

Just now, joeyt said:

You always forget how obnoxious Kane is until he plays against your team. Delightful win

If he’d spent less time trying to referee he might have got a couple more chances. 

This is everything I ever hoped it would be when we got rid of the parasitic cunt who runs the tatty sports shops.

We’ve got a team and leadership who will give everything they’ve got, the collective is better than the individual, they love us and we love them. 

We’re not the nouveau riche arseholes everyone predicted we would be.  

We’re United.

So fucking proud. 

Just now, bobbydazzla said:

This is everything I ever hoped it would be when we got rid of the parasitic cunt who runs the tatty sports shops.

We’ve got a team and leadership who will give everything they’ve got, the collective is better than the individual, they love us and we love them. 

We’re not the nouveau riche arseholes everyone predicted we would be.  

We’re United.

So fucking proud. 

This is it. Other fans go on like they haven't also been throwing around £200m. We just spent it well, have a proper club from top to bottom and a manager who is getting 100% from everyone. We have a club that tries once again.

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

You always forget how obnoxious Kane is until he plays against your team. Delightful win

Gets away with so much with being England's main striker, as we witnessed all the time with Shearer.

Literally pushed Burn out of play with both hands and the gormless linesman just ignored it and gave them a throw. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

This is it. Other fans go on like they haven't also been throwing around £200m. We just spent it well, have a proper club from top to bottom and a manager who is getting 100% from everyone. We have a club that tries once again.

Yeah, the money argument is dumb.  Like, can you only be happy/congratulate turning a club around if money isn't spent?  We've spent a competitive amount relative to other teams around us and find ourselves competing with them, despite coming from a lower base.  We are killing it.

54 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Redknapp giving Howe credit there for getting the best out of the players we had pre-takeover. Good, that should absolutely be the narrative, it'll drown out the lazy "but they spent so much!!!" bullshit.

Definitely.

Though Redknapp is mates with Howe through their Bournemouth connections. It’ll be a minority narrative. 

Only managed watching the first half with the kids but I have to say it’s fucking mint putting the game on with them and seeing us actually go at teams and score goals. Imagine having to put on Bruceball on a Sunday afternoon

2 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

So happy to beat these today.  We're not winning by luck.  We're not winning with smoke and mirrors.  We are flat out beating teams

Our game management is amazing. When they got that goal back we didn't fret. Think if we had a better bench (which will come with time) we will just pick teams off. As good as we are we are still in transition and the way we solidly close out games is only going to get better and less nervy.

14 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Yeah, the money argument is dumb.  Like, can you only be happy/congratulate turning a club around if money isn't spent?  We've spent a competitive amount relative to other teams around us and find ourselves competing with them, despite coming from a lower base.  We are killing it.

Know body mentions the £250+ Million Chelsea spend 

19 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Said the exact same to the wife.  Kane may as well have been saying to the ref "that's a yellow, foul that ref, I'm captain of England you know". He never stopped yapping to the ref.  Pathetic person.  And guess who else captains England?  Another of my most hated footballers, Harry Maguire.  I think I will seriously explode if Mings becomes a regular in the England camp.

Just to be clear, we have the best defence in the league, 3 of the 5 in that unit are English, only one will start for England and that's because of injuries. Southgate get to fuck.

19 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

The money argument is just one of a string of hypocritical or illogical things that just gets spouted out by everyone since the takeover. It was the reason we were good even when the only one’s playing in the side were Burn, Targett and Wood.

Who everyone laughed at and said we'd wasted our money...