Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Isn’t it because of how good he is at the job that he’s had zero adversity though ?

Not really, he’s always been so well resourced wherever he’s been. He’s literally never took on any form of challenge. 

he’s clearly a great manager don’t get me wrong but I can’t call him the greatest personally. 

as an example, do you think he could have achieved what Howe has in the same circumstances?

6 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Not really, he’s always been so well resourced wherever he’s been. He’s literally never took on any form of challenge. 

he’s clearly a great manager don’t get me wrong but I can’t call him the greatest personally. 

as an example, do you think he could have achieved what Howe has in the same circumstances?

Probably not no, however I don’t think many if any managers could achieve what Pep does regularly even if they had the resources he has.

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

I knows it’s cliche and some don’t agree but he’s had basically unlimited resources at every job, zero adversity too. 

He’s had unlimited resources at Man City but so have many other teams in the same league and they are still absolutely dominant. I would struggle to say that anyone has ever been better than Pep. They are so far ahead of everyone else including PSG, Real, Barca and Bayern that I think the money argument is very lazy.

Hope they win the CL and Pep starts to get bored of it all and goes looking for a new challenge just for ours and PL’s sake.

11 hours ago, r0cafella said:

I knows it’s cliche and some don’t agree but he’s had basically unlimited resources at every job, zero adversity too. 

I disagree - he built that Barca side himself - the likes of Xavi - Busquets - Iniesta - Pedro weren’t even regulars under Rijkaard or even first teamers - his only notable signing were Dani Alves and Pique - then as the season went he bought Cesc and Villa (got a few wrong in Zlatan etc)

That Barca team - arguably the best there’s even been was Peps (and La Masia’s) creation 

1 hour ago, Mikky said:

I disagree - he built that Barca side himself - the likes of Xavi - Busquets - Iniesta - Pedro weren’t even regulars under Rijkaard or even first teamers - his only notable signing were Dani Alves and Pique - then as the season went he bought Cesc and Villa (got a few wrong in Zlatan etc)

That Barca team - arguably the best there’s even been was Peps (and La Masia’s) creation 

He's ruthless, too. As soon as he saw Eto'o and Zlatan weren't going to buy in to his methods he binned 'em. 

4 minutes ago, OCK said:

He's ruthless, too. As soon as he saw Eto'o and Zlatan weren't going to buy in to his methods he binned 'em. 

Yep. Pundits gave him stick too when he first looked to replace Joe Hart even though he was a great shot stopper but average with his feet. Pep was right.

It took a while for Aguero to buy into his methods and he was left out quite a bit to begin with. 

11 minutes ago, OCK said:

He came in after Rijkaard and basically dismantled his team in the summer - out went the likes of Van Bommel - Deco - Ednilson as the midfield 3 - Ronaldinho sent packing - Ludvic Guily dumped - Van Bronkhorst - Belletti all gone 

Pep has done excellently with Grealish too, after a season of struggling to adapt he now fits in perfectly and the selfishness is gone. He is a great coach, yes has best resources but in all sport, the best coaches end up at the best clubs, generally, yes i'd love to see what pep would do at Stoke lol but ain't gonna happen. The disproportinate resources they have is an issue (and yes even with us coming on the horizon lol) but that's not pep's doing lol. Does it count against him? Sure, coaches achieving extraordinary things with few resources is always incredible, but as annoying Pep can be god that Barca side...Just incredible to watch. Iniesta isn't underrated really, but he kinda is...what a fucking midfield that was...

7 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Yep. Pundits gave him stick too when he first looked to replace Joe Hart even though he was a great shot stopper but average with his feet. Pep was right.

It took a while for Aguero to buy into his methods and he was left out quite a bit to begin with. 

Watched a YouTube video with Joe Hart and Ben Foster recently and I literally have a better weak foot than Joe Hart :lol:

8 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Leeds sold to 49ers Enterprises.

I’m glad they got their takeover, it was supposed to not go through if they went down. Their owner to me seems some legit of a chancer, and I guess looks to have lost interest in recent years, and has already bought a new club in Italy.

9 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Leeds sold to 49ers Enterprises.

Was Elland Road included? The BBC piece doesn't explicitly state it was, but does say the ground needs structural work. There was talk the owner had used the ground as collateral for the Sampdoria purchase, but maybe he has swapped it all for hard $.

If not, then it really shows what a bargain we were. This 56% deal cost £170m on top of whatever they paid for the earlier 44%. He only paid £45m for the lot  six years ago. Likes of Bates (and Ashley) must be fuming. 

Edited by Teslact

13 hours ago, McCormick said:

Pep is one of the best managers in the world at improving players as well. He’s the best of all time, for me.

We just going to pretend like Fergie never won two European trophies with Aberdeen? :lol: Aberdeen only won 4 league titles in their history and Fergie won 3 of them. Won their first in 25 years, and nobody has won the league except Rangers and Celtic since Fergie left. 

He also won the Premier League with Cleverly and Anderson in midfield. Pep couldn't do that IMO. 

Pep is class, but he has his ideas and if someone doesn't suit he turfs them out and uses the chequebook to replace them with someone top class. Fergie often had average players scattered around the first team but was able to get 100% out of them every week.

Pep walked into a Barcelona side that had already won everything in the previous couple of seasons. Xavi, Iniesta and Messi were already established key players. 

He walked into a Bayern Munich side that had literally just won the quadruple under Heynckes. 

He walked into a City side that had already won everything domestically in the few seasons prior. 

Fergie walked into a Man United side that hadn't won the league in 20 years. 

I hope Pep is a man of his word and takes over Brescia to show us what he's really made of. 

Edited by Froggy

4 minutes ago, Froggy said:

We just going to pretend like Fergie never won two European trophies with Aberdeen? :lol: Aberdeen only won 4 league titles in their history and Fergie won 3 of them. Won their first in 25 years, and nobody has won the league except Rangers and Celtic since Fergie left. 

He also won the Premier League with Cleverly and Anderson in midfield. Pep couldn't do that IMO. 

Pep is class, but he has his ideas and if someone doesn't suit he turfs them out and uses the chequebook to replace them with someone top class. Fergie often had average players scattered around the first team but was able to get 100% out of them every week.

Pep walked into a Barcelona side that had already won everything in the previous couple of seasons. Xavi, Iniesta and Messi were already established key players. 

He walked into a Bayern Munich side that had literally just won the quadruple under Heynckes. 

He walked into a City side that had already won everything domestically in the few seasons prior. 

I hope Pep is a man of his word and takes over Brescia to show us what he's really made of. 

Froggy, lad. People can have an opinion and it not be a direct attack on Man United, it's chill :lol:

25 minutes ago, Froggy said:

It was a different time, man. Get over it. 

39 minutes ago, 54 said:

Froggy, lad. People can have an opinion and it not be a direct attack on Man United, it's chill :lol:

Just sharing my opinion. :lol:

That was a chill response. 

Aye, I think Ferguson got players playing theirs best and arguably for a lot them, above their ability.

If you are talking in the sense of the better football etc, then Pep is better, and if they win tonight, it will be an argument that will never be won by either side. 

Edited by Stifler

To me it comes down to what is more compelling to you. Winning in different countries like Guardiola, or working your way up like Ferguson. Tbh I probably respect the latter achievement more(as a person he’s shit), but neither would be my GOAT.

Edited by Kimbo

Ferguson outsourced a lot of the tactics and training to others as his career went on didn’t he? I read a book about OPTA and he was dismissive of all the new innovations that people like Pep have since mastered