Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

16 hours ago, Wandy said:

This is quite the eye-popping read. I thought that Everton had secured the funding to build their new stadium, now that the building work has started. Turns out that they don't seem to have it at all, and are working on the idea that if you just start the early parts of building it then that will attract investors to finish off the job. [emoji38]

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/nov/13/everton-football-club-new-stadium-bramley-moore-dock

Lol that does not sound good 

9 hours ago, LFEE said:

It's really frustrating that Bruno is a bit of a whiney bastard on the pitch, because aside from that is absolutely everything that you desire in a footballer.

Ronaldo seems to still think, based on the interview, that the fans will be on his side. :lol: I don't think he realises how much we've taken to Ten Hag and he's just publicly undermined him. His ego has actually led him to believe we're going to rally around him after this interview. 

22 hours ago, gdm said:

I can certainly sympathise. When i lost mine I got a 1st stage attendance warning when I went back to work :lol:. It does make you rather sour 

What an absolute bunch of cunts. 

22 hours ago, gdm said:

I can certainly sympathise. When i lost mine I got a 1st stage attendance warning when I went back to work :lol:. It does make you rather sour 

That’s absolutely disgusting, I’m so sorry you had to go through that after experiencing the most heartbreaking thing imaginable

22 hours ago, gdm said:

I missed this yesterday. Same thing happened to my wife. When we lost our baby I think they gave her one day of compassionate leave, and the rest was sick. She was off for 6 weeks in total. Only paid stat sick. So while she had lost the baby, was going through miscarriage, and eventually having a D&C as well, she also lost over £1000 in pay which put us under a bit of financial pressure over the summer while also trying to mourn.

She left that place shortly after. :lol: She's making it her mission now to start a miscarriage charity over here now to support women who don't receive sick pay after suffering a loss. It's something that needs way more attention. Nobody seems to know what a miscarriage entails; it's horrific beyond belief.

Not to go too far off topic but if what Ronaldo is saying is true in regards to his loss, I'm ashamed of the executives at the club for the way they handled it. As more and more of this interview comes out too, some of the quotes do seem to be taken out of context. The Rooney one for example. Piers coaxed that out of him.

The Ten Hag stuff is inexcusable though.

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

I missed this yesterday. Same thing happened to my wife. When we lost our baby I think they gave her one day of compassionate leave, and the rest was sick. She was off for 6 weeks in total. Only paid stat sick. So while she had lost the baby, was going through miscarriage, and eventually having a D&C as well, she also lost over £1000 in pay which put us under a bit of financial pressure over the summer while also trying to mourn.

She left that place shortly after. :lol: She's making it her mission now to start a miscarriage charity over here now to support women who don't receive sick pay after suffering a loss. It's something that needs way more attention. Nobody seems to know what a miscarriage entails; it's horrific beyond belief.

Not to go too far off topic but if what Ronaldo is saying is true in regards to his loss, I'm ashamed of the executives at the club for the way they handled it. As more and more of this interview comes out too, some of the quotes do seem to be taken out of context. The Rooney one for example. Piers coaxed that out of him.

The Ten Hag stuff is inexcusable though.

we had a still born and then a miscarriage a year later and I did find a large difference on how both were perceived. Any baby loss is heart breaking. Great work from your wife hope the charity takes off 

14 hours ago, Froggy said:

Ronaldo seems to still think, based on the interview, that the fans will be on his side. :lol: I don't think he realises how much we've taken to Ten Hag and he's just publicly undermined him. His ego has actually led him to believe we're going to rally around him after this interview. 

I don't think he cares what you think to be honest. He couldn't give a fuck about Man United or their fans.

He just wants a free transfer and has thrown as much shit as possible in an attempt to get one.

On 15/11/2022 at 08:28, Froggy said:

It's really frustrating that Bruno is a bit of a whiney bastard on the pitch, because aside from that is absolutely everything that you desire in a footballer.

I don't think he cares that much about fans of football clubs. He cares about his own fans.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

I don't think he cares that much about fans of football clubs. He cares about his own fans.

Cares about his own fans? Does he fuck. It’s just a means to an end, that being his own gratification to his ego. As good a footballer as he is (or once was), the man is an over inflated, egotistical, arrogant prick who can’t see anything other than himself. Granted one or two of those characteristics have helped him to achieve the elevated position he got to, but now that he’s at the end of his career path and heading downhill, those same characteristics are doing him zero favours. 

36 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Cares about his own fans? Does he fuck. It’s just a means to an end, that being his own gratification to his ego. As good a footballer as he is (or once was), the man is an over inflated, egotistical, arrogant prick who can’t see anything other than himself. Granted one or two of those characteristics have helped him to achieve the elevated position he got to, but now that he’s at the end of his career path and heading downhill, those same characteristics are doing him zero favours. 

Yes. The Cristiano Ronaldo fans. Those are the only people he wants to look good for.

Piers Morgan is being predictably annoying about this Ronaldo interview.  Releasing short clips, inviting people on his show to react to said clips, and then complaining about their reaction to clips, saying they need to see the full context, even though he has t released the full video. I know he’s trying to generate traction so that more people watch the interview, but the why not wait to get people’s reaction after it has been released?