Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

Makes me laugh the likes of Neville saying ten haag is doing a great job and handled that amazingly

Fancy giving the captaincy to someone who quite clearly thought he was a clown

How the mighty have fallen though 😃

Edited by jack j

His ego can’t take not being the main man let alone not starting, the World Cup coming up would have just made the situation worse as it’s his last chance there and he will now go into it rusty.

Absolutely toxic player when things are going for him id bet.

Hard to comment without knowing the full story, but I think releasing an interview, especially after a young player has scored a last minute winner, is very poor form. Completely overshadows the moment for the young man and turns everything into a circus once again. 

1 minute ago, Ste said:

Hard to comment without knowing the full story, but I think releasing an interview, especially after a young player has scored a last minute winner, is very poor form. Completely overshadows the moment for the young man and turns everything into a circus once again. 

And long may it continue. 

58 minutes ago, Ste said:

Tbf to him, & that's not easy 😂, he doesn't get to decide a major channel's programme schedule or when Fulham's defence are going to have a kip

16 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: He's not lying. Man, the ego on this prick, so funny.

15 hours ago, gbandit said:

Imagine being one of the best players of all time, you are on your way down but still a quality player but you can’t even begin to see yourself as a deteriorating force and you attack anyone and everyone around you rather than looking at yourself and thinking “maybe I should have gone to a lower ranking club, maybe in Portugal, got paid less, but been treated like a hero, because I’m not quite at the highest level anymore”. Nope

I dunno, he's still pretty good this late in his career, can't fault him if he doesn't want to play in a less profile league. Look at Thiago Silva as a shinning example of what you described, yet still playing effectively at a high level for Chelsea. Ronaldo could have emulated his attitude and gone out in higher regard. 

Is he actually still "pretty good" at this stage of his career though? 

Whenever I've seen him he's looked totally ineffective and puts in minimal effort. Only time I tend to notice him is when he's given offside. 

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

Whenever I've seen him he's looked totally ineffective and puts in minimal effort. Only time I tend to notice him is when he's given offside. 

He's finished. Watched him properly (might have been against us) and it was all straight line running around the box. Doesn't seem to have the ability to turn someone inside out and get into the box. He's still got some of his pace so he can get hold of the ball, but once he has it he seems very stiff and predictable. 

His set pieces have been appalling for years, not sure whether he has that salmon leap on him still, if not then he offers very little considering all the sulking and gesturing he does 

This is quite the eye-popping read. I thought that Everton had secured the funding to build their new stadium, now that the building work has started. Turns out that they don't seem to have it at all, and are working on the idea that if you just start the early parts of building it then that will attract investors to finish off the job. [emoji38]

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/nov/13/everton-football-club-new-stadium-bramley-moore-dock

Edited by Wandy

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

Does he elevate the team overall? Probably not, but 18 goals last year is "pretty good" for most. 

41 minutes ago, Wandy said:

This is quite the eye-popping read. I thought that Everton had secured the funding to build their new stadium now that the building work has started. Turns out that they don't seem to have at all, and are working on the idea that if you just start the early parts of building it then that will attract investors to finish off the job. [emoji38]

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/nov/13/everton-football-club-new-stadium-bramley-moore-dock

:howe:

1 hour ago, Wandy said:

This is quite the eye-popping read. I thought that Everton had secured the funding to build their new stadium now that the building work has started. Turns out that they don't seem to have at all, and are working on the idea that if you just start the early parts of building it then that will attract investors to finish off the job. [emoji38]

Experts told the Guardian that the usual method of financing new stadiums was to secure all the funds required before a shovel is thrust into the ground – even though clubs then typically refinance projects at a later date.

Moshiri strikes me as a bit of a chancer. That is the dumbest fucking bet I've seen...."You want a bog named after you in the east stand? £400k and people will be pissing all over your name!" 

How some of these characters get to Billionaire status is very head scratching, including our former tat baron. 

19 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

Moshiri strikes me as a bit of a chancer. That is the dumbest fucking bet I've seen...."You want a bog named after you in the east stand? £400k and people will be pissing all over your name!" 

How some of these characters get to Billionaire status is very head scratching, including our former tat baron. 

That article is fucking dreadful reading for any Everton supportor. I laughed out loud when it was written that the Everton board are confident they'll get better debt terms with an already in-construciton stadium like the current economic climate, globally will somehow not factor in. Shady shady stuff Moshri is cooking up. 

44 minutes ago, Kanji said:

That article is fucking dreadful reading for any Everton supportor. I laughed out loud when it was written that the Everton board are confident they'll get better debt terms with an already in-construciton stadium like the current economic climate, globally will somehow not factor in. Shady shady stuff Moshri is cooking up. 

He's also put his shares in the shop window. My guy is bent as fuck. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11427521/Cristiano-Ronaldo-met-Bayern-Munich-chiefs-week-wantaway-star-plots-Man-United-escape.html

But Sportsmail understands that Ronaldo and his agent, Jorge Mendes, met with Bayern last week after officials from the Bundesliga giants flew to England for talks.

Mendes touted Ronaldo to Bayern and a number of other clubs including Chelsea, Sporting Lisbon and Napoli in the summer in a desperate attempt to get his star client out of United, and also spoke to Newcastle last month.

Chelsea owner Todd Boehly could also offer Ronaldo a way out of United in January. The American has a close relationship with Mendes and was interested in Ronaldo in the summer, but he was met with resistance from then Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel.

However, it is understood that Graham Potter is equally unenthused by the prospect of signing the five-time Ballon d’Or winner at this stage of his career.

Really trite take but Ronaldo is, and has always been, an insufferable egotistical cockgoblin. Stop giving him air and let him ride a go kart powered by his own sense of self-satisfaction to a graveyard football league. Piers Morgan ffs, what a foreskin warlock