Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

On 24/02/2023 at 18:06, DubblyDubblyDubbly said:

If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. He signed up for this. No sympathy. 

Screenshot_20230224_180358_com.android.chrome.jpg

Eh? He didn't sign up to his family getting death threats.

Appalling behaviour

41 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Eh? He didn't sign up to his family getting death threats.

Appalling behaviour

No-one signs up for that of course. But you might consider the chance of it happening. 

Not condoning that behaviour but Potter seems to have thin skin for a manager. Moaned a few times about Brighton fans as well when they got booed off. 

Just think once you start to try and either garner sympathy or have a go at the fans whilst your still at the club it will usually end badly. 

3 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Not condoning that behaviour but Potter seems to have thin skin for a manager. Moaned a few times about Brighton fans as well when they got booed off. 

Just think once you start to try and either garner sympathy or have a go at the fans whilst your still at the club it will usually end badly. 

Personally feel like he handles himself with a lot of class. No issue with a manager calling out fans when they have reason to. Potter brought Brighton their best period ever and their fans were complaining about too many draws. If they want to give it, they can take a bit of criticism too

Problem is the media is wedded to a sort of hero narrative where a manager is a lone genius who is able to dictate everything at every club. In fact there are a lot of factors at every club that can boost or diminish a manager who isn't actually soley responsible in practice for how a team does. 

If Chelsea do stick with Potter, which feels less likely every week, maybe they can rebuild their club ethos and structure around him and he can get some of the results that he got for Brighton. Chelsea are clearly a basket case, and famously their dressing room is difficult. I wonder if Boehly is not taking calls from them, under Abramovich if a manager so much as made one of the star players run a bit more defensively he'd get a phone call whinging about it. 

Equally however adding a bunch of new superstar players on big wages and long contracts does not feel brilliant for dressing room collusion. I have no doubt this Chelsea team will improve drastically but for all the money I see no sign of anything special. 

27 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Personally feel like he handles himself with a lot of class. No issue with a manager calling out fans when they have reason to. Potter brought Brighton their best period ever and their fans were complaining about too many draws. If they want to give it, they can take a bit of criticism too

To be honest I agree but it usually just riles the idiots up more and creates a further divide. Just remember how much the Perez celebration used to wind up our fans and that was when he was scoring for us [emoji38]

Evening everyone, I hope you’re doing well. Although I normally share videos related to transfers or managerial appointments on this forum, I wanted to give my take on last nights game as a Man United supporter and why I firmly believe Newcastle are destined for the very top based on these last 12 or so months for those interested. Your fan base is arguably the best in the English game and I wouldn’t be surprised to see your team become that too in the not too distant future.

PS: Hope this is okay with mods!