Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

7 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Just seen this on Twitter. So far this season...

Favourite win:

Favourite goal 

Who's surprised you most:

Most frustrating:

Best player:

Moment of the season:

I'd go...

Favourite win: Overall I'd say beating Southampton to secure a trip to Wembley. If we're talking league only, Spurs away. It was the first time this season that I thought we could really push the top six.

Goal of the season so far: Has to be Almiron v Fulham.

Who's surprised you most: Almiron, I don't think anyone thought he had a double figure goal return in him. 

Most frustrating: No one has been particularly bad, but Wilson's form has been incredibly frustrating since the World Cup break. 

Best player: There's a few candidates, but Schar has been absolutely outstanding. 

Moment of the season: Probably the pure elation at the full time whistle when we saw of Southampton in the League Cup semi-final.

Favourite win: Villa (H). We were unstoppable that day in the 2nd half, 6-0 or 7-0 would not have flattered us in the slightest. Honourable mention to Leicester (A) given the polarising difference to last season and the many games against them under Ashley which would be an indictment on where the two clubs' trajectories were going.

Favourite goal: The 2nd at home to Southampton in the League Cup semi. Geet sucker for a lush team goal.

Who's surprised you most: Almirón. Wanted him gone in the summer, probably still do given I don't want him starting but no one could've foreseen double figures in goals. Fair play to him.

Most frustrating: Probably has to go to ASM as much as I love him given his fitness issues and that performance against Man City contrasted with his others. Still want him here next season though. Mention to Wilson as well as he's been awful post World Cup, but he was brilliant before it.

Best player: Bruno or Schär. Bruno's just quality but as many deserved plaudits as Botman has been getting Schär has been our best defender this season imo.

Moment of the season: Tough one, either Forest (A) on Friday given the feeling of importance of it, Isak being back and fucking class and personally witnessing it in the away end was unreal. Or Chelsea (H); deservedly beating them, 3rd going into the break, bit of revenge on their players and Havertz given the last game against them at Stamford Bridge, loveleh. Reaching Wembley was dampened for me given the loss of Bruno for the league games and the song and dance made over the final got a bit irritating for me. :lol: Maybe I'm just miserable.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

I'm legit awful at remembering games, so take this with a huge pinch of salt

Favourite win: Possibly Forest (H). Just thought we were absolute class that day, and sure it was against a newly promoted side that had bought an entirely new XI or whatever, but it was the game (along with Arsenal at home last season) that made me realise that we're fucking class. If it was favourite game it prowouöd have been Man City (H), as that's probably the best I've seen us play against quality opposition for about two decades. 

Favourite goal: Isak vs Liverpool (a). He's my man, been very vocal about how good he is and how much I love him for several reasons on here. To score that goal on his debut, what a way to introduce yourself to your new fan base. Just a shame that his second was disallowed, as that would have probably been my favourite. 

Shout outs to Trippier vs Man City, deserved to be the winner, an absolutely incredible free kick and that Miggy worldie that I don't remember who it was against. 

Who's surprised you most: Dan Burn. The easy answer is Miggy, but I've always thought he's a good player, just now he is getting into better positions and his finishes go in instead of wide or straight to the keeper. I would, however, never have expected Dan Burn to be the starting left back for a team that has the best defensive record in England (is thst still us?). 

Most frustrating: ASM. I absolutely love him, and don't agree with a lot of the criticism he's getting, but man just imagine if we could see the ASM that played against City every week? He's got potential to be near enough world class on his day, but injuries and form has made it so we haven't really seen it much this season. I really hope we don't sell him in the summer mind, no matter who else we might sign. 

Best player: Bruno. Take him out of our side and we're nowhere near as good. CM is by far the most important position on the pitch IMO, and having a player like Bruno there just makes us click. Fucking love watching him play, he's got that Modric/Xavi (not saying he's as good) way of playing that if I could choose to be a player that's what I'd want to be able to do. 

Moment of t he season: Signing Isak. Might sound daft considering how incredible the season has been, but it meant so much for me.

Favourite win:

It was a crap game. But Chelsea felt like we were really going to hang around the top 6 and made me fully believe we are a quality side now. Recency bias. But being at Forest away, seeing us play that well, getting a late winner after similar against Wolves. That felt like a turning point to get us back on track. 

Favourite goal:

Scored some bangers this season. But Miggy away at Fulham was outrageous. 

Who's surprised you most: 

Can’t split two. Schar has been our best defender. Which I wasn’t expecting. Thought he might come out the team, even. Longstaff has been miles better than I thought. Still feel he needs upgrading in time. But not the massive weak link I thought he was. 

Most frustrating:

Wilson. Jekyll and Hyde over the season and looks finished at this level of late. 

Best player:

Hard one, this. As we have some real standout performers, who have missed games or played when not fully fit that has made them a bit more in and out (Bruno, Isak). Some very reliable, 7 or 8 out of 10s basically every game (Trippier, Schar, Botman, Joelinton, Pope). Schar at a push. Although I’d argue Bruno is our most important player. As we are a totally different side when he is missing. 

Moment of the season:

Burn v Leicester or being there for the Southampton win in the semi. 

10 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Talksport has never been embarrassed in its life, it couldn’t care less if what it reports is complete drivel as long as they get clicks 

I thought they had actually started to get more reputable lately but obviously not.

With the Man Utd bid, there is only 2 bidders who want to buy the whole club. Everyone else is after smaller shares or offering finance.

Bith bidders will saddle the club up with more debt. Radcliffe has the money in assets only, so can’t buy it outright. The Qatari is a banker who no one believes he has that money himself, even if he did, he is a banker and he’ll know not to spend his own money.

It’s hardly far away from the media reports that say it’s not going well. The Glaziers were wanting every billionaire, every sovereign wealth fund, and everyone who could form a consortium to be bidding and that’s not what they have got. 

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

With the Man Utd bid, there is only 2 bidders who want to buy the whole club. Everyone else is after smaller shares or offering finance.

Bith bidders will saddle the club up with more debt. Radcliffe has the money in assets only, so can’t buy it outright. The Qatari is a banker who no one believes he has that money himself, even if he did, he is a banker and he’ll know not to spend his own money.

It’s hardly far away from the media reports that say it’s not going well. The Glaziers were wanting every billionaire, every sovereign wealth fund, and everyone who could form a consortium to be bidding and that’s not what they have got. 

I thought the Qatari bid was a debt free one?