Group B: England, Iran, United States, Wales (England and USA qualify)

Big River

Seems to be the fashion now, when it suits, to have "journalists" bringing up politics questions like this. As I say, it's OK when it suits, but not otherwise. 

Iranian players were qujzzed of support, or otherwise, for the regime or protesters. 

Hell actually even using the term "regime" has connotations. 

My guess is the Iranians are a tad fed up of the US backed demonisation of their country which, more than likely, is a precursor to flattening the place. 

Americans calling Eye-ran and Eye-raq is disrespectful in a way? Is it too much trouble to pronounce it properly? 

Tyler Adams appeared not to think so and was very polite, reasoned and civil in his replies. Smashing response. 

I'm not an apologist for Foriegn authoritarian Gvt's but it's no coincidence last night's BBC news showed "protests" in Iran, China and Russia but not Belgium, never in France and hardly here on our own soil other than, again to demonise, climate crisis protesters. 

Morning 😂😂😂😂

32 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Draw could easily see us winning the group. But I really hope you are wrong. 

Imagine if Iran win tonight and finish above us :lol: 

As someone who's going to be able to watch the 3pm game on Saturday in the pub I'd really love a Netherlands v England game if at all possible.

Netherlands v USA would be fine too.

14 minutes ago, Shak said:

As someone who's going to be able to watch the 3pm game on Saturday in the pub I'd really love a Netherlands v England game if at all possible.

Netherlands v USA would be fine too.

Opposite for me.  I can make the Sunday game in the pub with friends.  I'm away Friday and Saturday with the missus and the dog.  Not sure she'll be keen on watching me get hammered whilst complaining about how shit England are to watch, all whilst the dog is trying to destroy the place due to his impatience :lol: 

21 hours ago, Shearergol said:

Talk of Walker at RB with Trippier at left back too. Saka potentially being rested due to fatigue.

Doesn't Harry Kane ever get fatigue? I was sure Southgate would use this as an opportunity to give Wilson a run out, but seems like that was wishful thinking.

43 minutes ago, TRon said:

Doesn't Harry Kane ever get fatigue? I was sure Southgate would use this as an opportunity to give Wilson a run out, but seems like that was wishful thinking.

He's played loads under Conte as well. Started every PL & CL game. Even had 60 minutes in the LC.

Apart from his fullbacks, Conte doesn't seem to rotate much at all. I think that and injuries has been a big reason why Spurs performances have been so-so.

One of the reasons i thought taking Wilson was smart was the fact we constantly over rely on Kane and he's usually knackered by the later part of the tournament. 

Low and behold even with the dodgy ankle. He's playing every game and a fair amount of minutes. 

I mean he hurt his ankle and continued playing against Iran, even when 3-1 up. Christ