Our Shithousery

The Prophet

9 minutes ago, huss9 said:

can someone explain the new sub rules to me please?

7 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

Max 5 subs, max of 3 interruptions. Any combination.

we did 1, 1, 1 last night (3 separate game interruptions)

could do 2,2,1 or 3, 2 etc.

Plus there’s an additional potential substitution period at half time- 3 in game and one at the break. 

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Plus there’s an additional potential substitution period at half time- 3 in game and one at the break. 

Plus a potential concussion sub? Not sure if you just get an extra sub (5 to 6) or an extra interruption aswell.

Just now, BoSelecta said:

Plus a potential concussion sub? Not sure if you just get an extra sub (5 to 6) or an extra interruption aswell.

Yeah- a head injury also counts even if it’s on the other team and they take a player off (I think?). Not 100% sure on the rules about that part. 

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

I just rewatched the last 20 mins of the game and it’s even less bad than you think heat of moment. We started tackling harder, crowd was feeding into it and then we basically disrupted any momentum they had towards the end. Free kick? Let’s shove a bit and slow them them down. Let’s get into their attacking players heads to rattle them up and make them lose focus. It’s brilliant stuff. 

Agreed, it wasn't even that bad, it's been massively exaggerated 

I've seen all clubs in this league do far worse, especially in Europe and they get praised for excellent game management

As is the case, anything to do with us is made out to be bigger than it is. Take our spend, referenced constantly but rarely hear about Chelsea or Man-U

2 hours ago, brummie said:

Nah no way was that a penalty.

Maybe I don't understand the new rules that well then, but his hand stopped a potentially dangerous cross in the penalty area. Seemed more of an obvious decision than the ruled offside Isak goal which stopped us from beating Liverpool.

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

Maybe I don't understand the new rules that well then, but his hand stopped a potentially dangerous cross in the penalty area. Seemed more of an obvious decision than the ruled offside Isak goal which stopped us from beating Liverpool.

I was talking about Digne kicking the lad in the leg whilst missing the ball- as clear a penalty as you’ll ever see. 

2 hours ago, geordiesteve710 said:

The Man Utd team of the 90s knew every trick in the book and they weren't shy of using them.

It was explained away with euphemisms such as them having "a competitive streak", "wanting it more" and "just refusing to accept defeat."

Absolutely exactly that.

Ferguson's teams were absolute masters at two things - being absolutely shit on the day but scrabbling something out of the match, and rank shithousery in a time when "shithousery" hadn't even been invented as a word.

Literally kicked the shit out of anyone decent when they played them with the PNev and Park inclusions. It’s absolutely encouraged when you’re an acceptable force.

Spurs are horrific for it after they go ahead. It’s absolutely fine though. 

The worst (or best) shithousery I’ve ever seen was that Arsenal reaction after RVN missed that penalty. Man Utd were rattled over it.

Our antics are mild so far.. plenty of room to grow ☺️

Edited by Dr Jinx

13 hours ago, geordiesteve710 said:

The Man Utd team of the 90s knew every trick in the book and they weren't shy of using them.

It was explained away with euphemisms such as them having "a competitive streak", "wanting it more" and "just refusing to accept defeat."

Absolutely they did.

It must be frightening, the number of points Man United came away with after playing badly, fluking a goal then shit-housing out the remainder of the game.

That was the difference between winning god knows how many titles and not. 

You might tend to think that Arsenal, pretty football and all that, weren't like that under Wenger but when we played them in top of the table matches wow. 

Slyly kicking the ball away with an extra tap, feigning injury or tying up laces before set-plays (Robert got senf off for playing on after they kept doing it) and players you wouldn't expect like Bergkamp were dirty as fuck.

They all said and we accepted it and hoped to overcome it anyway, that we were too nice as the Entertainers by comparison.

Keegan made Gillespie go and apologise to the referee for diving at Blackburn and it was a great dive. Ferguson schooled him how to do it and encouraged that stuff.

15 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

The worst type of it is kicking other players' all over and dangerous play.

We don't do that.

Fernandinho was the ultimate Shithouser imo. Got away with so many "tactical fouls".

Dunno like Joelinton, Longstaff and Bruno aren't shy to give away a tactical foul if they're breaking. Thank God Bruno missed with that late lunge on Saturday or we'd not be seeing him again until the New Year. :lol:

18 hours ago, brummie said:

We're getting stick for doing similar.

I can't help thinking what the media reaction would be were it Man U or Liverpool doing it.

In one word: 'different'.

It would be labelled "game management".

Been said multiple times but there's alot of similarities between this Newcastle team and the Atleti team of the last 10 years. The shithousing is just part of that, intensity and attitude towards each game is another. 

I'd love to see us get in the Champions  League and draw them in our group :rolleyes: