The Round of 16

Just now, Kanji said:

Just a reminder of what a proper penalty looks? Isak and Big Jow in the league cup, Wilson versus Villa. Ziyech today and fuck it, a Panenka to win it is pure bliss. 

Disgraceful lack of respect to the Auckland Adonis.

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

Timid, scared penalties never score. 

Didn't realise trying to pass the ball into the goal extended to penalties with Spain.

All that technique and skill, and they can't put their laces through the ball.  [emoji38] ;)

Just now, Wullie said:

More utter trash. I've hardly seen one good penalty yet.

Busquets especially was rubbish. Neymar, Balotelli, Jorginho, etc. are fantastic with their technique at penalties, but I do not know why every player thinks they should copy these players who have a special ability. For the average player, the best tactic is to simply pick a side and hit it with a good amount of pace. You will score 60+% of the time if you do this. Hard to understand.

1 minute ago, Segun Oluwaniyi said:

Busquets especially was rubbish. Neymar, Balotelli, Jorginho, etc. are fantastic with their technique at penalties, but I do not know why every player thinks they should copy these players who have a special ability. For the average player, the best tactic is to simply pick a side and hit it with a good amount of pace. You will score 60+% of the time if you do this. Hard to understand.

Also, even if it gets saved or your blast it off the bar, you look less of a prick than if you do a meandering three step mosey up to the ball and pass it harmlessly into the keepers arms.

Mid to high, ffs. I just looked at our pens we scored in the league cup - Joelinton mid-to-high with power to his left. Trippier the same. Wood top right. Botman shot high middle (saved with GK's trailing hand) and Bruno's was skied over high and left. 

Wouldn't surpise me at all if Howe coaches them to hit it with pace and high.