Sheffield Wednesday vs. Newcastle United - 7/1/23 @ 6pm - FA Cup (BBC One)

HaydnNUFC

Always had a soft spot for Sheff Wed.  How a club that big and with that sort of history has spent more than two decades outside of the top division is unbelievable, really - they’ve still spent more years in the top flight than out of it.  Playing Sheff Wed will always feel like more of a big game than playing Brighton, Palace, Bournemouth or Fulham

Still want to beat them, though - and I think we win.  A comfy 0-3 for me. 

3 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

Trying to think of a midfield three for this, seems apparent we need to bring another in this month to cover for shelvey? I’d be surprised to see Bruno start this one? Maybe it’ll be Anderson, longstaff and Joelinton?

Aye I found that last midfield spot a pain to fill. Really would rather Joe and Bruno got a rest here.

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Dubravka can't be sold if he plays in this? Was surprised he was on the bench last night because an injury to Pope would have meant he couldn't leave. Unless we have no intention of him leaving and sell Darlow or Gillespie.

I thought this too, but then I thought maybe we are trying to increase his value by portraying him as our number 2.

8 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Dubravka can't be sold if he plays in this? Was surprised he was on the bench last night because an injury to Pope would have meant he couldn't leave. Unless we have no intention of him leaving and sell Darlow or Gillespie.

Why cant he still be sold? Leicester would want him as a No 1 primary for the PL no?

8 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

What am I missing here?