Newcastle United 2-0 Leicester City (10/01/2023)

HaydnNUFC

1 hour ago, BlueStar said:

Just want to apologise for tonight's defeat, had a panic and booked the final off work before the rotas are published just in case, jinxing the entire competition.

By a similar token I'd just like to put the idea of penalties out there.

I couldn't watch or survive that

7 hours ago, RS said:

Eddie needs to redeem himself here, he got it wrong on Saturday. Got to go full strength. 

:lol:

Eddie doesn’t need to redeem anything. He did nowt wrong. 

4 minutes ago, LV said:

:lol:

Eddie doesn’t need to redeem anything. He did nowt wrong. 

If he’s started with the team he finished with then changed we’d have won.  He’s got a lot to learn that fella!

Is it just me that isn't that nervous yet? 

Maybe if we get to a final then yeah, but still feels like it would be a big ask to beat Man City in a semi or final. Even Man utd at the moment would be difficult to get passed possibly.

Still be buzzing if we get through tonight though. Just haven't got those nerves like it's  realistic we can win it yet.

Got to have a charmed run in the FA or League Cup, if you’re going to get to the semis or final and not play any of the Sky 4 or 6. 

It’s the thought of actually being in a position to win something. Even if we were like 8/1 dogs. It would still be amazing. 

17 minutes ago, RS said:

If he’s started with the team he finished with then changed we’d have won.  He’s got a lot to learn that fella!

If you start the weaker team but bag a couple of goals it's possible you can rest the starters the whole game, it works the other way around too but if you don't get those goals, you got Chris Wood chasing the winning goal, don't you?

Ffs, I'm at the Theatre Royal tonight for the panto. In town now and it's getting busy with black and white scarves.

2 hours ago, BlueStar said:

Just want to apologise for tonight's defeat, had a panic and booked the final off work before the rotas are published just in case, jinxing the entire competition.

I went crazy and Googled the date of the final. Immediately regretted it and will feel partly responsible if we crash out tonight.