Newcastle United 2-0 Leicester City (10/01/2023)

HaydnNUFC

36 minutes ago, RS said:

Eddie needs to redeem himself here, he got it wrong on Saturday. Got to go full strength. 

He didn’t the players did 

not good enough 

if he has if risked more players and we lost tonight, everyone would be saying the same thing 

He played a team he thought could handle it , but they didn’t.

He would of prepared them immaculately for the game.

They let him down

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

To play ASM?

I would, and have Willock, Joelinton and Bruno in the middle. Just no Murphy please.

Edited by reefatoon

39 minutes ago, RS said:

Eddie needs to redeem himself here, he got it wrong on Saturday. Got to go full strength. 

Of course we are going full strength  dya think he would have put that out on Saturday if we were playing half a team tonight

1 minute ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Nervous for this. Wasn't that disappointed with FA Cup exit, but desperate for progress here.

Aye, same. I think the nerves comes from a lack of goals in the last few games. Defence has been top class but with Wilson off the pace and everyone else unable to hit a barn door, this is a real test of whether we can keep going.

6 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Nervous for this. Wasn't that disappointed with FA Cup exit, but desperate for progress here.

Likewise. I’ve got so many memories of cup runs going tits and derailing our season (Lisbon/Man United in the space of three days in 2005, Benfica loss followed by a derby thrashing under Pardew) that I’m terrified of history repeating.

33 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

I was actually more gutted than I thought I would be after going out of the FA cup. But yeah, this is the big one, go through tonight and we can put Saturday's loss behind us.

The 01/02 season we were an O'Brien missed sitter at Chelsea and the woodwork v Arsenal away from the domestic cup double. Don't think relegation threatened Blackburn or mid-table Spurs would have stopped us in League Cup and we'd have had Sheff Utd in the FA Cup Semi followed by Chelsea who we'd just beaten to a CL spot.

29 minutes ago, TRon said:

I was actually more gutted than I thought I would be after going out of the FA cup. But yeah, this is the big one, go through tonight and we can put Saturday's loss behind us.

Especially when you look at the draw Sheffield Wednesday got and that one of the top 2 teams in the country right now will be out in round 5