Newcastle United 2-0 Leicester City (10/01/2023)

HaydnNUFC

3 minutes ago, Aiston said:

Why are people surprised ASM doesn't start still  :lol:

He is a defensive liability and Howe isn't going to take that risk when it's done us good not playing him!

Probably as most fans recognise he’s one of the best attackers at the club and they enjoy watching him play?

9 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

Probably as most fans recognise he’s one of the best attackers at the club and they enjoy watching him play?

I mean, you're not wrong, but the way we press really needs all 11 players engaged.

Watching ASM last time he came on, the opposition player dribbling towards him and ASM just standing awkwardly 15 yards away going "Oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck" really isn't going to cut it anymore.

I hope he figures out how to play in this team, but his recent performances have not added anything to a team that's already winning without him.

Happy with that side. I see what people are saying about wanting ASM to start, but I'm glad we're not experimenting now.

Eventually, I'd like to see ASM on the left with Joe back in midfield at the expense of Longstaff. Just to see if it works now with Almiron on fire too.