Newcastle United 2-0 Leicester City (10/01/2023)

HaydnNUFC

3 hours ago, JonBez comesock said:

He didn’t the players did 

not good enough 

if he has if risked more players and we lost tonight, everyone would be saying the same thing 

He played a team he thought could handle it , but they didn’t.

He would of prepared them immaculately for the game.

They let him down

I agree with you both. 8 changes regardless of quality will always be a risk and disrupt the rhythm of a team. Was far too many. Those that were picked didn’t play well enough individually not just collectively.

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

I agree with you both. 8 changes regardless of quality will always be a risk and disrupt the rhythm of a team. Was far too many. Those that were picked didn’t play well enough individually not just collectively.

It's pretty hard to say 'too many' though, isn't it? We don't know who would have been available and ready today if they had played. 

11 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It's pretty hard to say 'too many' though, isn't it? We don't know who would have been available and ready today if they had played. 

Teams won leagues and cups  in the 80’s with 13 players. They could’ve played the lot if needed 🙂 I personally would’ve made 4 maximum.

1 minute ago, RodneyCisse said:

Just watched part of a Leicester podcast and they seem more interested/worried about Forest on Saturday in terms of getting a result.

I wonder if the players/Rogers will be of a similar mindset?

I find that hard to believe at the QF stage tbh.

8 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Teams won leagues and cups  in the 80’s with 13 players. They could’ve played the lot if needed 🙂 I personally would’ve made 4 maximum.

We take a couple of the chances in the first half (Isak in particular), we win comfortably, he doesn’t even need to bring any of the main lads on, and everybody says it was a brilliant decision.

Them’s the margins….

3 hours ago, JonBez comesock said:

Like this , Isak on for miggy on 68th minute 

Could put him in for Schar as well for some extra flair when playing from the back. He's got the height, I'm sure he'd do a good job at center back too.

Edited by Conjo

Can't believe how worried/worked up I'm getting over this tonight. I wasn't even like this before the 2 FA Cup finals, probably cos I knew we'd lose them both but still, hard to believe I'm 45 years old and this is without a doubt the best chance we've ever had of getting to a League Cup Semi Final in my Lifetime.

Please just win.

15 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Can't believe how worried/worked up I'm getting over this tonight. I wasn't even like this before the 2 FA Cup finals, probably cos I knew we'd lose them both but still, hard to believe I'm 45 years old and this is without a doubt the best chance we've ever had of getting to a League Cup Semi Final in my Lifetime.

Please just win.

We’ll win this :indi:

2 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

Incredible that's it's what 1976 since we last reached a LC semi? Doesn't it only take 3 wins to get there? :lol:

If you’re in Europe, aye. Although they’ve only had the European qualified teams coming in later for the last few years.

1 hour ago, SteV said:

We take a couple of the chances in the first half (Isak in particular), we win comfortably, he doesn’t even need to bring any of the main lads on, and everybody says it was a brilliant decision.

Them’s the margins….

Yeah we did enough to win whilst not playing well at all.

Isak x 2, Murphy x 2 (the one on one where he just stopped running and the rubbish chip), Ritchie ballooning over twice, Wood all good enough chances to put that game away

Excited and nervous in equal amounts right now. My mate got decent tickets so I can't wait to get in the stadium and soak it all in :indi:

Bringing a scarf but it's not black and white, more grey/green/maroon :lol: can't find my black and white one!

My prediction is 2-1. I think we'll go 2-0 up in the 1st half and then concede in the 2nd to make it stressful as fuck for the remainder

1 hour ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Yeah we did enough to win whilst not playing well at all.

Isak x 2, Murphy x 2 (the one on one where he just stopped running and the rubbish chip), Ritchie ballooning over twice, Wood all good enough chances to put that game away

Don't forget Anderson too, chance of the game that.