Newcastle United 2-0 Leicester City (10/01/2023)

HaydnNUFC

If ASM has nil fitness issues I hope he starts with Wilson and Miggy given Leicester’s defence. Isak from the bench. Move Joelinton back into midfield. I wonder though if may do what he did in the cup match and start Isak and give him another 45-60 mins in a 3 with Wilson and try and win the tie in the first half. It’s good we’ve got options either way.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

6 hours ago, nufcjb said:

Get a fucking early goal please. Some of our fans get easily restless and that'll be a bad influence on the players. An early goal would let us dictate the game better and those fans can go for their early pies and pints. 

Would rather start big Joe on the left instead of ASM at the moment. We really don't know what to expect from him nowadays, so lthe fluidity of the team is paramount as opposed to individual brilliance. Get a goal or two and then bring ASM on.

I know they interchange and that is probably part of it why they both work on the left. But I’d rather Willock is out there more often, TBH. 

Was effective when he got space wide left against Arsenal. Joelinton was crap playing there against Leeds, I thought. Then had 30 mins being unstoppable when moved back into midfield. 

10 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

Someone said on Twitter Dewsbury Hall sounds like a place charvas get married. Did make me chuckle.

But I think the fact he is missing is good for us. Looks lively whenever he plays. 

We call him Next Stop at work, as his name sounds like a train station.

Biggest domestic game since when? 

We’ve actually been this far three times in the last 10 years, but I don’t recall ever genuinely thinking we had a chance of winning the whole thing, like I do now. 

I do feel this is our biggest game since our last Fa cup final appearance .

Gutted at not going but I’m very hopeful we can progress, complacency is all that’s stopping us .

Go fucking do it lads :indi:

Agreed, it just feels really big tonight and I’m full of excitement and nervous energy this morning. I’m confident that we will get through, but I think it’s going to be a tough one. 

Just want us in the semi final hat so that we can sit back enjoy tomorrow’s games

52 minutes ago, SteV said:

Biggest domestic game since when? 

We’ve actually been this far three times in the last 10 years, but I don’t recall ever genuinely thinking we had a chance of winning the whole thing, like I do now. 

Agreed, almost forgot we got to this stage under Bruce. Brentford away when they were in the championship we really should have won that. 

although I didn’t have the level of excitement/nervousness for it that I do about tonight, which just goes to show how much the Ashley era took out of everyone. 

6 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

I was at the last home LC Quarter Final vs Chelsea in 2006 when we lost 1-0. Just checked the attendance and it was 37,500. The club really feels a different beast these days.

So was I. Remember screaming about Drogba moving the ball to get a better angle on the free-kick he scored from to win the game.

Mind you I’ve just gone back and had a look at the two teams that day. Miracle we stayed in it for that long tbh.

Actually feeling a bit nervous for this one already. Going to be a good test of our mentality as a whole - this has a bit of a different feeling about it; expected pressure, something more immediately on the line. I think we've got experienced heads to deal with it on the pitch but I'm not sure how we as fans are going to be [emoji38]

33 minutes ago, SteV said:

So was I. Remember screaming about Drogba moving the ball to get a better angle on the free-kick he scored from to win the game.

Mind you I’ve just gone back and had a look at the two teams that day. Miracle we stayed in it for that long tbh.

God, thanks for reminding me of the free kick and Drogba moving the ball.  Cheers. Fizzing again :lol:

3 hours ago, ExiledGeordie said:

If ASM has nil fitness issues I hope he starts with Wilson and Miggy given Leicester’s defence. Isak from the bench. Move Joelinton back into midfield. I wonder though if may do what he did in the cup match and start Isak and give him another 45-60 mins in a 3 with Wilson and try and win the tie in the first half. It’s good we’ve got options either way.

I think Wilson will start the game the better of the two, I can imagine Isak coming on and wanting to make the position his.

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, Theregulars said:

For Christ’s sake, man. Have a sit down and a packet of wotsits with Xanax sprinkled on top.

Aye. After all he has done for us over the last year, 1 cup defeat means he has to redeem himself [emoji38] :uglystupid2: