Anthony Gordon

Jack27

3 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Always assumed Gordon was to replace Miggy; Maxi and Gordon would be the starters. Then we signed Barnes and sold Maxi so then it was Barnes and Gordon. 

EH idea was to create 2 teams with equally strong players for each position. I assume this was the idea for Barnes and Gordon but unfortunately on the right side we have both equally not good enough players at the moment. 

40 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Screenshot_20240826-112916.png

First 2 games of the season were the ideal time to get Gordon across to the right and barnes on the left. 
Hoping it’s Howes decision and not Gordon spitting his dummy out and wanting on the left

So today's comments by Howe all but confirmed that Gordon has been unsettled by the Liverpool stuff.

It seems that we offered him to Liverpool, and they've effectively gone "no ta, we'll just leak that and take him off you for peanuts or nothing when he runs his contract down".

What a fucking shitshow. 

Just now, Jackie Broon said:

So today's comments by Howe all but confirmed that Gordon has been unsettled by the Liverpool stuff.

It seems that we offered him to Liverpool, and they've effectively gone "no ta, we'll just leak that and take him off you for peanuts or nothing when he runs his contract down".

What a fucking shitshow. 

Really? Thought he could be referring to Tripper, Wilson, Almiron or Longstaff who have been pimped about in the press for weeks as going.

2 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

What a fucking shitshow. 

No. AG is absolutely fine.

4 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Really? Thought he could be referring to Tripper, Wilson, Almiron or Longstaff who have been pimped about in the press for weeks as going.

Hopefully that and @Shadow Puppets information is right but, other than the obvious personal stuff with Tripper which probably won't be resolved by the transfer window closing, the only person who there have been reports of being unsettled, and has looked not his usual self, is Gordon.

39 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Hopefully that and @Shadow Puppets information is right but, other than the obvious personal stuff with Tripper which probably won't be resolved by the transfer window closing, the only person who there have been reports of being unsettled, and has looked not his usual self, is Gordon.

I suspect that the likes of Almiron  and some of the fringe players have probably felt a bit unsettled.

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

1 hour ago, Jackie Broon said:

What a fucking shitshow. 

Thry 100% banked on Bruno going for 100m+. 

Just now, Dokko said:

Thry 100% banked on Bruno going for 100m+. 

I hope this wasn’t the case but it does feel like we either made a major miscalculation like this or the alternative is serious incompetence. Sure, have a top target in Guehi and keep going with it while it looks like it may get done but the lack of other options is frightening 

22 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

The deal was imminent I think he said.

I said the expectation at our end, and the expectation of the player, was that he would join imminently. I shared what I was told by one of our current players + an agent I have got to know.

I mean, as of last Thursday, Guehi himself was under the impression that he’d be travelling for a medical last week (at least that’s what he told my contact).

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I said the expectation at our end, and the expectation of the player, was that he would join imminently. I shared what I was told by one of our current players + an agent I have got to know.

I mean, as of last Thursday, Guehi himself was under the impression that he’d be travelling for a medical last week (at least that’s what he told my contact).

Wonder if we go back in for him in January? Time will tell and priorities can change. Football Sunday :indi:

We’ll be able to tell pretty easily from his performances how much he wants out (Guehi that is). It already looks like he wants out and he’s a model pro but if it continues it tells way more of a story than anything he could say