Anthony Gordon

Jack27

2 goals away from matching his entire Everton (not youth teams) career goal output. Obviously that's partly because Everton were/are shit when he played there but its clear that he's improved pretty much every aspect of his game since arriving here. Scary how good he could be next year with even better players around him and not having to track back quite so much (maybe).

His work rate and stamina is phenomenal, and he's added a bit of nous to his game. Eddie obviously feels he can play him for the full 90 twice a week, so I hope that's not going to lead to problems later on. For that reason, I'm quite happy to see him miss out on England squads. He can do with a break.

Besides, there's a lot of competition for those wide spots with England.

1 hour ago, Mazzy said:

2 goals away from matching his entire Everton (not youth teams) career goal output. Obviously that's partly because Everton were/are shit when he played there but its clear that he's improved pretty much every aspect of his game since arriving here. Scary how good he could be next year with even better players around him and not having to track back quite so much (maybe).

There was enough to see at Everton, play not stats, to know he had it all. Feeling incredibly smug at how delighted I was we signed him. 

If he develops a ruthless streak in front of goal then the sky really is the limit for him.

Great to see him getting some goals this season, it's got to be great for his confidence in that regard.

He still doesn't look super confident to me when he gets into good goalscoring positions, compared to the rest of his game at least. If he can add that ability to his game, that ability to just create a half yard of space and get a good shot away from a half chance he's going to be some player.