[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

6 hours ago, Kanji said:

:lol: Nerves are slowly getting in now. As the work week is all but done for me. I’ll be wfh tomorrow so will be thinking about all of this. Still, though, the 8 hour overseas flight and the train to London, then to the hotel, then to the match, all the types of “I hope I get there on time. I hope my ticket works” will add to the general anxiousness of Sunday. Bloody hell!

Enjoy as much of the journey and build-up as you can, mate. You’re one of the people going to so much trouble to physically get there, try and not let your head be anywhere else than in the moment. This could be our day. Reminds me of this… 

16 minutes ago, gdm said:

Rashford’s Instagram. did he get injured?

image.thumb.png.cc2f1d61a07fe02a2d40c000465c4190.png

That would be a very strange thing to post if he was fine, having just beaten Barcelona.

And he did come off for treatment just before he got subbed…

1 minute ago, DoricGinola said:

With that lot having 4 matches in 10 days or whatever it is I'm hoping our general fitness levels might be an advantage later in the game if required.

I hope that too. Hopefully this can be the time it actually makes a difference. It always feels like when we have stacked games it matters when the opposition does they look like they are as fresh as a daisy!

Just now, r0cafella said:

Fair play, but knowing you trolling will be in order if you lot win, you won’t be able to resist :lol:

Nah I know where to draw the line. :lol:  Defeat in the league is frustrating, but a cup final is something different entirely. Emotions are going to be through the roof.

Will probably just avoid the place completely win, lose or draw on Sunday. I don't think any good comes from me posting regardless of the result. :lol:

Back to the grind on Monday.

3 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Those saying we have no chance need a word with themselves. We’re not favourites but we’ve been great this season and definitely have a good chance of winning.

It will be tough, we have a chance because our manager has created a fantastic culture but despite what Man United fans say they have had huge investment over the last 3 decades so we have a lot of work to do to compete in all areas. 

We are the hardest team to beat in the entire league, have lost by 2 goals once all season and that was with 10 men, don't get why anyone thinks we have no chance. Man United obviously have better players and a better team but we will make it so hard for them to win, it's going to be so tight and whoever wins it will likely be by one goal, I can actually see it going all the way to penalties.

Edited by Geogaddi

2 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

We are the hardest team to beat in the entire league, have lost by 2 goals once all season and that was with 10 men, don't get why anyone thinks we have no chance. Man United obviously have better players and a better team but we will make it so hard for them to win, it's going to be so tight and whoever wins it will likely be by one goal, I can actually see it going all the way to penalties.

More and more convinced every day it’s going to pens TBH

1 minute ago, Geogaddi said:

I think it’s pre game nerves plus a dip in our form giving people the jitters. Of course we have a chance this should go without saying. 

18 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Those saying we have no chance need a word with themselves. We’re not favourites but we’ve been great this season and definitely have a good chance of winning.

14 years of Ashley has drummed it in to us. It’s hard to change that mentality overnight.

Thankfully Eddie and the squad aren’t made of the brittle stuff that we all are.

The nee chance doom mongers man, give it a rest. Can you imagine what the local lads have been saying to their team mates this week, they'll be gods if they pull this off. Some folk choosing to ignore the damage we are capable of inflicting on teams when we turn it on, just because we have been misfiring in front of goal recently, plenty of chances still being created. If we turn up I'm expecting quite a thrilling encounter, HTL