[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

Annoying that they’ve managed to become both really difficult to beat but also play good football. I was a big fan of the Van Gaal, Mourinho and Ole years. Anyway, if we win it’ll feel like even more of an achievement and I genuinely think we’ve got a really good chance

These lot have ruled out an open top bus parade if they win and their fans are agreeing with it and saying it’s not a real trophy etc.

Cunts should be thrown out just for that.

Edited by Stifler

Nerves are well and truly setting in now.

That being said, I fully expect Karius to have the game of his life, Bruno to score an absolute worldie, Joelinton to go through Fernandes like a truck and beautiful Eddie to have tears when he lifts the trophy above his head. 

This is our time. Let’s fucking go!

Rashford clearly had a bit of a limp coming off but it seems very likely he just got a kick at some point.

Probably have some mild bruising this morning and be fine for Sunday after a couple of days rest.

Half chance they put him on the bench if he's also a bit jaded but I'd be surprised, he's such a key player for them and winning a trophy in his first season would be big for Ten Haag.

They may have played Thursday but have much more quality off the bench. We need Isak and Willock off the bench later in the game when it’s stretched. Massive that Willock is fit to play as this could go all the way to extra time. Think it’ll be attritional and Wembley has a habit of knackering players over the 90 mins, whether it’s the adrenalin or what the subs could decide this.

I predict Rashford doesn’t start and Man U look to put us away on the break in 2nd half, could go anyway but we’ve simply got to start taking our chances as we’ll need to score at least 2 to win this.

Edited by Whitley mag

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

These lot have ruled out an open top bus parade if they win and their fans are agreeing with it and saying it’s not a real trophy etc.

Cunts should be thrown out just for that.

With their schedule and the fact they've won every trophy going multiple, multiple times in my lifetime then it makes perfect sense for them not to have a parade. Entirely different kettle of fish for us.

As for not a real trophy clearly that's bollocks, it is a major trophy. But it's not as special as the FA Cup and nobody will ever, ever convince me otherwise.

9 minutes ago, geordiesteve710 said:

I'd love this to be right, but the idea that Manchester United will start slowly in a Wembley final just seems ridiculous :lol:

Started slow in two European games against Barcelona to be fair. :lol: