Newcastle United 0-2 Liverpool (18/02/2023)

Disco

That was a tough watch, amazing how many scouse fans there were in the pub down south. 

My brother has recently got into football on the back of fantasy premier league, and he was more concerned about his FPL taking losses than what was happening on the pitch. It is what it is I guess, roll on next weekend with Bruno back and hopefully a nice story for Karius.

I've left the 5-1 hammering against Man U in 2008 early to get my cock serviced.

Not a Geordie (was conceived in Fenham mind but nee fucker here knows that) and always been welcome

Edit, this is the match thread whoops, aye, bad day and we move on

Edited by GlenMag

2 minutes ago, GlenMag said:

I've left the 5-1 hammering against Man U in 2008 early to get my cock serviced.

Not a Geordie (was conceived in Fenham mind but nee fucker here knows that) and always been welcome

Edit, this is the match thread whoops, aye, bad day and we move on

:) 

I have a cockney accent. Have 3 memberships. I also constantly get asked if I support Arsenal Chelsea or spurs ?

Born just behind the church. Bleed black n white. I have no voice left and clapped every one of them players and staff after the final whistle.

My 8 year old lad refuses to leave until we clap them off also.

Would we have lost this match if the red had not of happened. I very much doubt it. We were getting them playing deep for the last 15 min. 

Maxi was a god tonight. I feel sorry as fuk for pope. Almiron was on fire. Burn ran his cock off.

LOVE THESE LADS.

If only Bruno wasn’t missing for these three games.

Edited by Infatuation Junkie

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

No need to apologise like; you don't have to justify yourself and I should remind myself that nor should anyone, tbf. Just seeing people piling out is such a trigger for me, particularly when I simply can't/won't get over the whole thing about fans refusing to resist Ashley's NUFC. 

Safe journey back. :thup:

Thanks, appreciate that. Think I’m just a bit pissy that it felt like folk having a go didn’t factor in everyone’s circumstances, but I know where you’re coming from. Believe me if I lived locally and it was a doddle to get home, id be there til end if we wer 6-0 down (wish I did but I don’t control train timetables!)

The comment on here that set me

off was probably totally innocent in  comparison to those that annoyed me

earlier about having to be local to be a proper fan. What can I say, a few cans and boredom on a train don’t mix well!

On the upside, today has prepared us for what to expect next week and exactly how the last two finals at wembley went. Make mistakes, get punished. Not clinical and waste opportunities, get punished. This is a huge wake up call. 

Coming into the final in form or frustrated. Can go both ways. Interested to see how we line up.

Losing Pope is an absolute gutter though. Hammer blow.

Abundance of negatives aside. AsM and Isak linked up nicely at times. It's the poor finishing that has costs us points the past few months.

49 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

Turd, it's been coming since Christmas tbh. We certainly showed a bit of spirit, but we've lost all similarity to how we were playing before the World Cup. I really hope we're not being filmed currently for an Amazon series, I guess that could explain at least in part why we've dropped off though (Murphy's law being what it is). I don't want to hear any wanks slating people complaining either, yes we have got a way to go and it's amazing that we're where we are in comparison to previous seasons, well done on pointing that obviousness out. But, we clearly did well for the first half of the season to get us in the position we're in and that's carried us somewhat, we've been shite for a while now, no impetus, no pressing, no operating as much as a unit as we had previously. I think we're probably tired, but I also think it's fair that people feel disappointed in dropping points to teams further down the league who've been shit themselves. We've been treated to a taste of what we can play like when we're driven, and maybe we just haven't got enough players of a high enough calibre throughout the squad to help us last longer in the campaign (should we make European spots that'll only be harder next term!). There's just a nagging fear that we're reverting to type, in ability and luck - I mean, I hope we're not... but the contrast between the confidence the team played with during the first half of the season, compared to the anxious struggling we have now is massive for me.

Excuse me Sir. Would you please leave without a fuss right now…

Sven Botman is an absolute Colossus, but today has shown that he isn’t blessed in the pace department, we have to bring in a right sided centre back in the summer that has pace as the ball over the top today absolutely killed us. 

That couldn't have gone any worse. :lol: Shocking start defensively cost us. Saint-Maximin was excellent, Wilson should score late on, didn't disgrace ourselves. Not exactly the tonic ahead of next Sunday which I'm not confident for in the slightest anymore. Think top 4 is looking a way beyond us a bit now, given its now 1 win in 8. And Liverpool play 3 times before we play a fixture that isn't Man City away.

Happy days. Rank.

46 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

We were over-performing our xG

for a good while, as well.

Don't think so, we should have conceded more for most of the season but also should have scored more which evens it out.

47 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Why doesn't Wilson swing his right at that ffs

Because a good striker will sometimes look for the spot the keeper can't get to. If anything the only mistake he made was not lifting it a touch. But hey, even the best strikers are going to miss the odd one.

2 minutes ago, Pata said:

Don't think so, we should have conceded more for most of the season but also should have scored more which evens it out.

I thought we were before the WC or were basically bang on, whilst defending well? Also Miggy had that mad run of 9 goals vs 4.5 or whatever it was. 

I thought it was recently we have started underperforming. Hence the lack of goals. 

It’s fine margins in elite level sport, either way. Miggy puts us 1 up today and then who knows. Plenty of games where we have won by the odd goal or we have scored a worldy or two and nothing gets said after. 

I don’t think it is necessarily the case for this team. But results can massively paper over the cracks when it comes to performances. We’ve played worse than tonight and got a point or three this season. 

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

Because a good striker will sometimes look for the spot the keeper can't get to. If anything the only mistake he made was not lifting it a touch. But hey, even the best strikers are going to miss the odd one.

Poor choice for me, it's arriving right there at his stronger foot ( seen it twice,so haven't studied it )

29 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Absolute rubbish, confident we will respond, but cannot lose concentration like we did for 20 minutes... Once a down to 10 men we played well but Liverpool hardly had to do too much to contain.

We created as much as many teams would with 10 men tbh. We hit the woodwork twice and Wilson missed a siteer