"We Are Newcastle United" on Amazon Prime

Nobody

8 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Hearing Episode 1, approx 26mins in is the scene where Jamie Reuben has the marketing department in the conference room and tells them he wants Karl Orff's 'Carmina Burana' replaced with Darude's 'Sandstorm' "on full blast" for the players coming out. 

Hoys the tune on his phone, for effect

that was fucking hilarious man, :lol: absolute gold that scene 

Guest reefatoon

He’s went down in my estimation with that swearing mind. It’s not needed and kids will be watching……

Its all far too positive for NO in here like, thought it needed its usual sprinkling of something to moan about. Not used to all the positivity.

Seriously though, this looks such a good watch, bringing it out the day before the season starts too is the perfect tonic to whip everyone up into a frenzy!

Edited by reefatoon

Can't be bothered to read back over four pages so I'm sure these general sentiments have been covered but;

Bloody goosebumps within the first 10 seconds of that trailer.

Eddie cursing feels so strange yet impactful when he doesn't normally seem the type.

Wilson thirsting after his old school teacher feels hilariously out of place with the rest of the trailer. :lol:

In Trading Places, Don Ameche was incredibly uncomfortable with having to swear so only agreed to do it once. Maybe Amazon needed something a bit juicy from Eddie, not quite Jacob Murphy juicy, but something for the trailer to give it a bit of edge. I think the special features will have the ten minute apology to each member of staff. 

I really can't wait for this! 

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

Just love the fact it's got a happy ending, as well. It's going to be class.

Said exactly this to a mate earlier.  Imagine we fucked up at the end of the season?  Wouldn't have been half as much fun to watch (see Arsenal's amazon series!)

Edited by Wilson

The only problem I have with this documentary is that it won't be as entertaining as a certain other one.

About a club who just got relegated from PL and were certain to bounce right back up...

I mean fans being interviewed giving stunning insights like "Ah cannat believe it man, what's gannin on" and pogoing around singing "we've got our club back" are all well and good but I am hoping the fan stuff in this will be thin on the ground and the focus will be on seeing the building of the infrastructure and executive team, as well as the all the  dressing room stuff. 

17 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

Me granda loves the toon but detests swearing, wonder what he'll make of it :lol: He has been going to the match for 70+ years so has probably heard the odd swear word there. 

Same with my dad. Was going to show him the trailer and there’s Eddie of all people dropping F-bombs :lol: