Newcastle United vs. Wolverhampton Wanderers: 12/03/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

15 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

He can actually cross the ball every now and then. Can't say the same about Almirón. Murphy's done more in his appearances off the bench than Almirón has done in his starts recently.

I'm interested to see what he does if he starts, I like Murphy, but I'm concerned he'll revert to type if he starts. Suspect 10-20 minute bursts might suit him.

My guess based on nowt:

Pope

Trippier   Schar      Botman     Targett

Bruno      Longstaff 

Murphy          Gordon               Maxi

Isak

2 minutes ago, STM said:

My guess based on nowt:

Pope

Bruno      Longstaff 

Isak

I have a feeling the surprises will be lascelles keeping his place 

Wilson and Isak both staring 

all based on a hunch 

Hadn’t even considered Lascelles, definitely a selection headache for Eddie. Lascelles’ attitude and training has been praised all season then he comes in and doesn’t put a foot wrong - squad management says he keeps his place?

Lascelles is a competent box defender, useful when sitting deep as seen in his 2 league appearances at Anfield and the Etihad. When the onus is on us to attack teams I'd much rather we have Schär bringing the ball out as opposed to Lascelles. 

21 minutes ago, 80 said:

I'm interested to see what he does if he starts, I like Murphy, but I'm concerned he'll revert to type if he starts. Suspect 10-20 minute bursts might suit him.

You could be right but it would be a shame to Pidgeon hole him into that without giving him a chance to prove otherwise. I’d like us to balance the amount of support / chances players get as some get way too much and some don’t get enough.  

for me - start isak, target and Murphy

Targett behind Maxi for me today. We can’t risk Traore roasting Burn as it seems to be a mental think for him. 

I don’t think Almiron deserves to start but there isn’t really an alternative. 

Just please start Isak 

Howe has got difficult decisions to make. Schar should come straight back in but does he play both Wilson and Isak (slightly off Wilson), does he rest Almiron, does he play Bruno slightly deeper(as neither Longstaff or Willock are as strong on the ball as Jo or Bruno). 

Personally, I’d give Isak and Wilson a go and if we go that way, Howe has to balance how he sets up. I’d rest Almiron for Gordon and if Willock is fit, is he the safer option to ASM? 

Going to be a difficult game.

57 minutes ago, STM said:

My guess based on nowt:

Pope

Bruno      Longstaff 

Isak

No Willock?

12 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Targett behind Maxi for me today. We can’t risk Traore roasting Burn as it seems to be a mental think for him. 

I don’t think Almiron deserves to start but there isn’t really an alternative. 

Just please start Isak 

I don't see Targett starting

He's played 5 mins of football on his return, Howe hasn't shown that he'll chuck players in like that