Newcastle United 6-1 Tottenham Hotspur (23/04/2023)

Disco

1 hour ago, NUFC_Chris said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but did anyone else see the lass with the massive camera in the Gallowgate. I assume to do with this Amazon documentary.

I thought this was going somewhere else for the first sentence.

1 hour ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

I know the whole "Spurs implosion" over "Wow Newcastle" stuff is to be expected given the love ins and hierarchy in English football, and yeah Spurs were second everywhere yesterday,  but not once have I heard or read anywhere how Spurs were given absolutely zero chance to perform. Not only the speed and the sharpness and the intensity of our football, but the attitude of every single player and the atmosphere and the occasion absolutely crushed them. Put another team in there in those 20 mins yesterday and I'm confident they would have been blown away too. Maybe not to that extent. I'd challenge any group of players to cope with that!

Yeah many teams would have lost against us yesterday. Spurs didnt bother with Bruno and Trippier and if you dont do that they will tear many teams apart, and thats what happend because they are so good. We had many quality moments, so it wasnt just Spurs being completely out of it.

Anyone notice Richarlison refusing to warm up/come on? Most the first half he was just stood moping. Second half he was motionless for about 10-15 minutes. I’m sure they sent a coach down twice to tell him to get on and he seemed to refuse both times. 

Seems a complete and utter bellend. £60m well spent. 

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Not sure I blame him. Imagine paying that much for him to be a bench player the whole season. Spurs are phenomenally dumb :lol:

I’ll enjoy our rightful place as part of the new big 6.

No idea how they got invited anyways, swear they used to lurk around 11th then I was younger.

2 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

Anyone notice Richarlison refusing to warm up/come on? Most the first half he was just stood moping. Second half he was motionless for about 10-15 minutes. I’m sure they sent a coach down twice to tell him to get on and he seemed to refuse both times. 

Seems a complete and utter bellend. £60m well spent. 

Can't a team suspend a player without pay for actually refusing to play?

Said it myself on the matchday, that Spurs were bad, but the media are definitely dressing it up as Spurs being really bad rather than give us too much credit.

'Woeful' 'Embarrassing' , etc. Yet, much better teams than us have played worse teams than Spurs, and only one other has been 5-0 up within 20 minutes.

So Spurs were bad on the day, but they were also taken apart by our intensity, our play and performance. We were just unplayable in that first 20 minutes.

But of course, easier for the national media to slate them than praise us too much, I guess.

3 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

Said it myself on the matchday, that Spurs were bad, but the media are definitely dressing it up as Spurs being really bad rather than give us too much credit.

'Woeful' 'Embarrassing' , etc. Yet, much better teams than us have played worse teams than Spurs, and only one other has been 5-0 up within 20 minutes.

So Spurs were bad on the day, but they were also taken apart by our intensity, our play and performance. We were just unplayable in that first 20 minutes.

But of course, easier for the national media to slate them than praise us too much, I guess.

They can’t  hide the truth that’s hidden in plain sight for long. We’re coming for them all. We know it, they know it! :indi:

I think it's fair to say and focus on the fact that Spurs were absolutely abysmal in the opening 20 minutes. Joelinton should never have been allowed to stroll through their defence for the first. Romero should have gotten his head on the ball before Joelinton got to it for the second. Murphy should have been closed down faster for the third. 

If we had dominated the game but Spurs had defended those goals and we ended up winning 3-1 I think the focus would have been more on how good we were.

I'm willing to accept that 'Spurs in disarray' is the bigger story here but if you're spending seven minutes talking about that game, I'd expect at least two references to Willock's disgusting pass.