Everton vs. Newcastle United: 27/04/23 @ 19:45 (BT Sport)

HaydnNUFC

If the Everton team works and shithouses as hard, and the crowd is as much behind their team as last time we met them at Goodison, it'll be a really frustrating and tough game. Hopefully we can get another early goal to kill the game dead before it has properly started.

Well we have one good sign, i wasnt able to watch today live due to being social with non football supporting friend, and likewise i have a prior social commitment on thursday so won't be able to watch. Let's see if me not watching becomes a positive jinx, albeit that will kinda suck for me

Last year's game was bizarre. We bossed it before the Stop Oil chap chains himself to the post, we struggled to get going after that. The red then galvanized their crowd and we took a sucker punch trying too hard to chase a winner.

I remember Rafa completely having Dyke's number. Practically free 3 points every time. Just put extra cover out wide to cut supply to the forwards and loaded the midfield and we'd normally win comfortably 2-0 with their clogger midfielders unable to stop attackers getting through the lines. Having said that in Dyke's credit he has adapted and plays 3 in the middle, although that is largely due to Everton having 1 striker. Onana and Doucore are better midfielders than he ever had at Burnley 

Edited by Tiresias

Feels very similar to last season to me. We went there near the end of season in midweek playing great and they were shite and in terrible form but somehow shithoused a spawny 1-0 injury time win. Surely lightning cant strike twice can it? Fulham went there and trounced them a couple of weeks ago so that gives me the belief we'll do similar. 

If Gordon starts or comes off the bench he will get dogs abuse won't he? That's worth watching itself :lol:

Edited by Pokerprince2004