Newcastle United vs. Brighton & Hove Albion: 18/05/23 @ 19:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Officially bricking it now.

The gap between games toward the end here has been excruciatingly long allowing thoughts to run wild.

Just imagine beating Brighton, my brain just can't allow me to accept that as a possibility even though there is no just reason why we can't.

I'll just be happy when all is said and done and I can truly make peace with this fantastic season!

Id go with 4-2-3-1.  I realise it gives us less options off the bench, but it would allow us to play Willock on the left who could interchange with Joelinton when needed.  Having Isaak in the 10 also allows bruno to sit deeper as there is someone else in the team who can be creative

howe in his presser saying its too late and not a good idea to make any big tactical/formation changes.

wants his players relaxed and doesnt want to distract or overload them with new info.

Just now, huss9 said:

howe in his presser saying its too late and not a good idea to make any big tactical/formation changes.

wants his players relaxed and doesnt want to distract or overload them with new info.

Makes sense it needs tweaks rather than drastic overhaul. 

3 minutes ago, huss9 said:

Agree with this, especially with how well Howe likes his teams drilled. The last big tactical overhaul took place in the Summer over an entire pre-season. Think any big changes again will come this Summer. 

39 minutes ago, huss9 said:

Agree with that. For all I'd want to make a few changes ordinarily, at this point it feels a bit tempting fate.

He and the players who come in would get slaughtered by some quarters, adds pressure if anything.

Two, maybe three, more massive efforts

Wouldn't be shocked to see ASM tomorrow night. He looked good coming on against Arsenal and Leeds, and we can play Joe at LCM to help Burn out. I just feel Eddie may think with him left and Isak middle we will be able to cause all sorts of chaos among their back line. Can also get away with only giving him 60mins if he isn't ready for 90 with Wilson off the bench and sliding Isak left. 

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

It's just going around in my head. "Longstaff. Pressing. Press resistance. Space in behind Trippier. Space in behind period. Danny Welbeck might be stronger and faster than Schar and Botman. Ah I reckon Howe starts ASM or Joe LW. Maybe pressing can work with real intensity."

Can't wait until the game is over. I was always looking past this fixture too. 

Enjoy it, mate. These are the meaningful competitive games we’ve been craving. Should be a cracker. 

12 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Leicester is the bigger game imo. Strictly speaking we can afford to lose tomorrow. 

Aye, but we absolutely don't want to go to Stamford Bridge needing a win. You just know the bastards will actually show up and be 'proper' Chelsea for that one game. 

Just now, Andy84 said:

Listening to Eddie’s presser always calms the nerves.  Hope the players are relaxed 

I’ll go listen. Lads looked happy in training. Loving this collective feeling of ‘oneness’. Plus the sense that we could beat anyone on our day. 

7 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Aye, but we absolutely don't want to go to Stamford Bridge needing a win. You just know the bastards will actually show up and be 'proper' Chelsea for that one game. 

Poch will be officially announced and the twats will raise their games - we need two ins from the next two for me!

4 hours ago, Erikse said:

I wish we just bought a CM squad player in january. Didn't necessarily need to be an expensive starter. We were linked to McTominay and some people were upset about it. I think we could've found someone for around £20 mill which could've helped us a lot in the case of injuries.

We were mildly linked to Dendoncker as well in the summer iirc, he ended up at Villa so I assume he wasn't considered good enough as a squad player, but he seemed to do pretty well against us.