Chelsea vs. Newcastle United: 28/05/23 @ 16:30 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

2 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Eh? I'm completely sitting on the fence you spanner [emoji38]

I want all of our players to succeed. The better they do, the more games of football we win.

"Couldn't care about him being a Newcastle player" and "the most memorable thing he's done is whinge" aren't neutral statements and sound ever so slightly agenda driven, but what does this spanner know.

9 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I want all of our players to succeed. The better they do, the more games of football we win.

"Couldn't care about him being a Newcastle player" and "the most memorable thing he's done is whinge" aren't neutral statements and sound ever so slightly agenda driven, but what does this spanner know.

Yeah, because I despised him when he played for Everton, I thought he was a cheating little shitbag, which was an almost unanimous feeling amongst people here. Since signing for Newcastle I've seen more of him and now think that might just be his way of putting a shift in (which you can't really deny he does). However, he's done nothing of note in over 400 minutes on the pitch for us. That's not getting stuck into him, that's just me stating facts. I've stated previously that I think he needs a pre-season and that this season was almost a free pass. However, he's looked worse than expected.

Of course I want all of our players to succeed....fucking hell [emoji38]

5 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Yeah, because I despised him when he played for Everton, I thought he was a cheating little shitbag, which was an almost unanimous feeling amongst people here. Since signing for Newcastle I've seen more of him and now think that might just be his way of putting a shift in (which you can't really deny he does). However, he's done nothing of note in over 400 minutes on the pitch for us. That's not getting stuck into him, that's just me stating facts. I've stated previously that I think he needs a pre-season and that this season was almost a free pass. However, he's looked worse than expected.

Of course I want all of our players to succeed....fucking hell [emoji38]

Fair enough, I just thought it was quite a strange take is all.

You're absolutely right in that he needs a pre-season under his belt. He's been pretty hit and miss in his cameos, but he is unfortunate not to have a couple of goal contributions to his name. Until he gets a consistent run in the team, I doubt we'll see the best of him. 

32 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Why are there still people who've seemingly never heard of IPTV? :lol:

I've got IPTV but will watch it on a river I've used for years as it's generally a minute or so in front and buffers less.[emoji38]

Look I get we would like to finish 3rd but I also think it's good opportunity for a few players to get some minutes in our system, even if it is our last game.

Dubravka 

Tripper    Schar      Botman    Targett

Bruno

Anderson             Miley

Gordon                                      ASM

Isak

I dunno, could be anyone... [emoji38]

I think it makes sense to rest Bruno and any other individual who may be carrying a meaningful knock. I also think it would be tempting fate to start Wilson in a dead rubber, but he'll be itching to get to 20 so Howe might be forced to start him, to avoid ending the season on a negative. 

It's difficult to predict the line-up without knowing who's in what state, fitness wise, but I suspect it'll be a strong side regardless. There'll be no chucking Dummett and Miley in, for instance. 

Wouldn't hate to see Manquillo, Targett, Gordon or Maxi come in - but probably not all of them. 

4 hours ago, Skeletor said:

Strongest team, strongest end to the season possible. Resting players for what exactly?

It would be reasonable to rest anyone who has been playing with an injury where there is genuine risk of it worsening and thus taking them out of preseason or even the start of next season.

Basically, wondering just how bad that Bruno ankle is.  

5 hours ago, Skeletor said:

Strongest team, strongest end to the season possible. Resting players for what exactly?

Injuries can happen fast when the body is tired. No need to risk it with the players who seem to already struggle with niggles imo. 

With Eddie Howe here I think its going to be big having everybody fit and ready for the pre season, which isnt that far away.

We need this rabble to get a result vs Man Utd to make this game even have a purpose.

I doubt they will though, so this will be the deadest of dead rubbers.  I’m inclined to go for 0-0, but I’ll go 1-1.  I doubt any of the players who’ve been playing through the pain barrier will get minutes.

I’d love to close with a win though.  These will likely turn things around a bit next season, so this represents a chance for a rare win there. 

24 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Had no idea these were playing tomorrow night. As if they'll be arsed enough over the two days between games to actually prepare themselves. If we really want it we could smash these.

Yeah it’s legit hilarious that in a season they just want to be over they have to play City, Man U and us in the last three games. They must be pig sick man.

I hope they CBs are in Havertz ear all game, see if they can get a reaction.

4 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Delighted this game doesn’t mean anything and I can focus my energy on being a Bournemouth and Leicester City supporter instead for the weekend. 

Yeah, hoping for a set of results that see's Leicester safe and both Everton and Leeds down.

I'd like to win it, but I kind of agree that we should rest players carrying knocks. 

Maybe it's time to get more minutes for the likes of Anderson/ Gordon. But on the other hand, it's just one game and they'll benefit more from a rigorous pre-season.

I did wonder if Howe might give a few minutes to some of the squad players who contributed well behind the scenes in training and in the past few years, but probably won't be here next season as a bit of a thank you. I'm thinking of the likes of Ritchie and Lascelles.

Means nothing for either team this game. Think it's going to be a high scoring one. 8 goals all in, how they are divided I don't know, depends on the team we put out.