Yankuba Minteh (on loan at Feyenoord)

8 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Newcastle are reluctant to loan Yankuba Minteh to Feyenoord and would prefer that he is tested in a different environment. However, they may accept the loan offer if it includes a substantial loan fee and sensible future fee.

Where’s that from?

If that’s the case send him to a better league but he’s not ready for PL yet.

Edited by SAK

8 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Newcastle are reluctant to loan Yankuba Minteh to Feyenoord and would prefer that he is tested in a different environment. However, they may accept the loan offer if it includes a substantial loan fee and sensible future fee.

Very good.

He still has developing to do.

As tempting as it might be to keep him for next season I think long term another loan stint would do him wonders.

Though, I guess a lot depends on what we do with the RW situation in the summer.

I'd like us to sell Miggy, sign a RW and keep Murphy as the back up, let Minteh have another season on loan and then in 2025 keep him around to challenge for a starting spot.

14 minutes ago, SAK said:

Where’s that from?

If that’s the case send him to a better league but he’s not ready for PL yet.

:lol: sorry, it's not from anywhere based on reality. That's the message you always get on Football Manager when you try and get a player back for a second season on loan.

2 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

He still has developing to do.

As tempting as it might be to keep him for next season I think long term another loan stint would do him wonders.

Though, I guess a lot depends on what we do with the RW situation in the summer.

I'd like us to sell Miggy, sign a RW and keep Murphy as the back up, let Minteh have another season on loan and then in 2025 keep him around to challenge for a starting spot.

Yeah I totally agree with this:

Barnes - Gordon - RW are your first choice options 

Then as back up - Big Joe - Willock - Anderson and J Murphy - that’s plenty

Said it in the Big Joe thread we should buy Ederson for our midfield - he’s literally perfect for how we play 

Can see the arguement for another year on loan but I could also see him being absolute dynamite as an option off the bench for the last twenty minutes of games next season.

Asked a mate about him -lifelong Feyenoord fan- not usually a negative person but he says he’ll never be a premier league quality player fwiw. “Headless chicken. Zero football iq. Won’t make it at Feyenoord let alone the EPL.”

Strange take, considering how many minutes he seems to get for them.

Edited by McCormick

17 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Asked a mate about him -lifelong Feyenoord fan- not usually a negative person but he says he’ll never be a premier league quality player fwiw. “Headless chicken. Zero football iq. Won’t make it at Feyenoord let alone the EPL.”

Going to pretend I never read this. 

Oh ok, I've just read a translated Feyenoord forum

'A blind horse has a better overview.'

'Isn't it clear from day one that he can run very fast and literally can't do anything else? Really an incomprehensible rent'

Those were from last month mind.

Sounds like Slot is having a poor season too.

Feyenord fans seemed negative about the loan from the beginning (a bit like we would if we loaned a youth player from one of the big 6) so not sure if that is colouring their view a bit. Certainly his numbers are really good. He's got 5 goals and 2 assists from about 800 minutes of play time. His FBref profile puts him in the 90th+ percentile for Attacking Mids/Wingers in most the major metrics. Admittedly though the stats indicate his passing is terrible. Still, it seems strange that Feyenord fans think him so poor given that.

Checking Fotmob and Feyenoord beat Groningen in the KNVB Cup Semi Final

Minteh played the full 90 mins and was the highest rated player on the pitch, he also created the most chances (4) and completed the most dribbles (8)

30 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Checking Fotmob and Feyenoord beat Groningen in the KNVB Cup Semi Final

Minteh played the full 90 mins and was the highest rated player on the pitch, he also created the most chances (4) and completed the most dribbles (8)

There is life in the blind horse yet. 

On 26/02/2024 at 13:21, McCormick said:

I think it was you that said Kudus wasn’t any good either.  Poor track record.  

5 minutes ago, OverThere said:

The kid is 19 and scored quite a few in not many minutes, from the wing and also played in the CL and the Europa and they are saying he is terrible? Weird.

I mean they are the ones watching him.

Although there are definitely some biases as I remember @Unbelievable saying their fans were not very happy when we outsourced his development to them and reap all the rewards if he becomes good.

Edited by Pata

My lifelong Feyenoord supporting friend said he’s still very very raw, needs to develop better decision making but has tremendous skill, pace and instinctive at times and very deadly. Said he thinks more time on loan before coming to the PL. wouldn’t mind him again.  

I can completely understand Feyenoord fans being pissed off with just assisting with another club’s youth development.  Feyenoord loaning prospects from us is a sign of just how utterly fucked football economics are.