Yankuba Minteh: joins Brighton & Hove Albion on a permanent deal (Official)

This whole situation is wild. It's like the Hall transfer. Some high level games going on behind the scenes surely.   

I'm cool with Brighton (buy back clause included). Abroad is better but Brighton is fine. Could just be hot air to drive up an Everton bid though.

Just now, The Prophet said:

A lot of Chelsea's were bought or produced at academy level. Not sure about the City bunch.

Beside the point though, we'd be seeing a similar response if we were trying to move Anderson on.

I think it would be different with Anderson, as he has had 2 years with the first team making 50 appearances, what with Joelinton and Willock being ahead of him.

Just now, Magpie said:

Feel sorry for this kid, seemingly getting whored around the whole continent 😣

Fairly sure he’s going to be just fine like. He’s 19 and desperate to prove himself. A permanent transfer to another club where he’ll likely be a starter is good news for him 

5 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Couldn't agree more with what @midds is saying, he must be looked at and given the chance off the back of a very promising loan spell that saw him pick up a trophy at such a young age, and smash all the data/stats for his position.

They'll have to shove their PSR up their arses when City rumble them in court and hand back any deducted points anyway. [emoji38]

City’s current arbitration case wouldn’t have any impact on us in terms of meeting PSR this season

1 hour ago, mighty__mag said:

Going off that, I'd assume he was always a Brighton target, and one we took up because Ashworth advised. 

Think we'd be mad to sell, should be offloading others first for the sake of raising 30m.

our owners arent stupid ffs.

no one is interested in the rest of our players, man. they'll go cheaply at the end of the window.

14 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

Look how much it derailed Everton and Forest's seasons last year, we should be avoiding it at all costs. That shit hangs over clubs like a plague. Imagine the media attention and nonsense we'd get especially.  

Totally. For all I totally sympathise with the defiance of accepting a points deduction with both middle fingers raised, I can't face a season played out to the backdrop of a tedious and distracting legal wrangle that gets discussed every pre-game, every post-game, every comms, every presser, every thread of the forum, yada yada yada. Fuck - quite literally - that noise. 

8 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

I'm sure that's the plan, if we enquired about Olise, and the statements about RW being a priority, you'd like to hope so.

Selling a decent looking g you ngster is always going to be a bit of a gutter, but if we buy a class RW, who we've scouted for ages, has properly impressed elsewhere, and fits us perfectly (a la Gordon), then even if we kept Minteh his minutes would be limited anyway, especially with no Europe. Getting a decent wedge for him makes sense in this scenario imo. 

We'll be buying other mint.youngsters in the next few years and hopefully long beyond. We're not really missing out in this plan, imo. In fact we're working smart.

Only way we'll catch up.

I do get the fact we need to buy an sell wisely and that may mean flipping a few young kids for quick PSR profit, I'm not daft I knw it's coming. It's become part of the game and whilst I don't like it very much from a personal pov I know it happens and will continue to happen. 

I just don't think this is a regular 'sign him - develop him a bit - sell him on' transfer. He plays in a position where we are desperate for an upgrade and this lad - who we bought on a punt years ago - may just be the answer to fill a big hole in the first team and save us a huge amount of money in the process. It's a hell of a coincidence that he's here right now and ready to step straight in but here we are. The alternative right now is Almiron

From Sky:

Darren Eales was speaking after Newcastle announced losses of £73.4m in their latest financial results; he admitted every player has a price under the Premier League's Profit and Sustainability Rules, which he says make it challenging for an 'upwardly mobile club'

Would sell a kid 10/10 times over one of our purples. It's shit, but that's the reality of it. Hope we get a good fee and he turns out to be shite.

We move on.

4 minutes ago, midds said:

I do get the fact we need to buy an sell wisely and that may mean flipping a few young kids for quick PSR profit, I'm not daft I knw it's coming. It's become part of the game and whilst I don't like it very much from a personal pov I know it happens and will continue to happen. 

I just don't think this is a regular 'sign him - develop him a bit - sell him on' transfer. He plays in a position where we are desperate for an upgrade and this lad - who we bought on a punt years ago - may just be the answer to fill a big hole in the first team and save us a huge amount of money in the process. It's a hell of a coincidence that he's here right now and ready to step straight in but here we are. The alternative right now is Almiron

It's shit, but the way the rules work mean selling Minteh is a big positive, because even a bigger outlay to replace him still means we profit.

Crazy rules.

Just now, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

It's shit, but the way the rules work mean selling Minteh is a big positive, because even a bigger outlay to replace him still means we profit.

Crazy rules.

I get it, honestly. It's a shit choice but I genuinely would rather keep him and see and lose a few points. 

I can totally see why others think it's better to cash in early and not take the hit too, it's a gamble and there isn't a correct answer yet. We shouldn't even have to be having the conversation if it wasn't for the bullshit rules but here we are :hmm:

Just now, midds said:

I get it, honestly. It's a shit choice but I genuinely would rather keep him and see and lose a few points. 

I can totally see why others think it's better to cash in early and not take the hit too, it's a gamble and there isn't a correct answer yet. We shouldn't even have to be having the conversation if it wasn't for the bullshit rules but here we are :hmm:

It won't always be this way all the time. We need a bit of patience.

Mike Ashley set the club back so far with the lack of financial deals and zero investment in the academy.

It will all come along eventually.

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

It won't always be this way all the time. We need a bit of patience.

Mike Ashley set the club back so far with the lack of financial deals and zero investment in the academy.

It will all come along eventually.

We've done so well in so many area's to rid his stank, but signing average players to favourable contracts takes time to work it's way out of the club. Unfortunately this young talented lad is collateral damage.

32 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I think it would be different with Anderson, as he has had 2 years with the first team making 50 appearances, what with Joelinton and Willock being ahead of him.

That's not the point I was making though.

More that flipping players, whether from the academy or nought young, is a now a necessary way of navigating PSR.

Of those going wild about us selling Minteh, how many actually watched him play regularly last season and not just a YouTube/Twitter compilation of him scoring the 6th goal in a 7-0 win at home to FC Clog?

I find it interesting that Arne Slot isn’t falling over himself to take him to Liverpool if it’s such a bargain for a world beater.

Edited by KDT

I don't want to sell him as we need a right winger but once the morons get their head around we have to sell to buy them he is the obvious choice. People want to buy him, we don't want to sell Isak etc. Miggy won't go to SA. We have little choice. We need to get CL next season or we will start losing the likes of Isak or Bruno. It's the only way.

I honestly find the notion of taking a points hit to keep a completely untested (albeit promising) talent, who has never played in a black and white shirt, pants on your head, batshit mental.

Edited by The Prophet

47 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Couldn't agree more with what @midds is saying, he must be looked at and given the chance off the back of a very promising loan spell that saw him pick up a trophy at such a young age, and smash all the data/stats for his position.

They'll have to shove their PSR up their arses when City rumble them in court and hand back any deducted points anyway. [emoji38]

The idea they haven't looked at him already is nonsense though- they will have been monitoring every game has played in meticulously.  I have confidence they they know his current and prospective ability and will have set the asking price and any future clauses accordingly

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I honestly find the notion of taking a points hit to keep a completely untested (albeit promising) talent, who has never played in a black and white shirt, pants on your head, batshit mental.

it's not down to him though, it's down to previous spending. Signing Barnes was the issue, not selling minteh. What would happen had he been another Kuol? Where is the money coming from then? Have we hit lucky and he's saved us selling isak or Bruno? 

It's all crazy really, how we could be so stupid going this far over if we're determined not to fight psr and the PL in court, and that our saviour was a punt and loan. 

10 minutes ago, Holloway said:

mental we let this lad go without giving him an induction with the squad imo,he's showing huge potential. take the hit

Would you feel the same way if that hit was a points deduction that meant despite finishing in a European spot, we don't actually get European football?

52 minutes ago, Magpie said:

Feel sorry for this kid, seemingly getting whored around the whole continent 😣

Aye must be shite being 19 and wanted by clubs all across europe. Poor bastard