Nicolo Barella

HaydnNUFC

11 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Loved Verona like. Florence is a cracking visit in that area too.

Did the standard Rome/Florence/Venice trip around 2015 and while Rome had a lot going on, I'll always put Florence above the other two. If I had the money and the mental capacity to learn Italian it would be my dream retirement destination. 

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

We're being linked now with Onana from our top tier sources and the suspected fee is up to £70m. Still no idea where the £50m fee is coming from for Barella.

There is only one way we are getting Barella for £50m or anywhere near that and no other club is seemingly in the running.

That would be if PIF have some sort of financial leverage over Inter Milan. Don’t think we could rule that out.

13 hours ago, NSG said:

Milan’s one of those cities where it’s really easy for people to trot out the generic “it’s a shithole” line, but it’s really not. There’s some stunning architecture around the city and some lovely city centre parks. Malpensa is fucking horrendous to get to though, much prefer flying into Linate.

I'm surprised it's getting so much stick here, it's not much different to other cities in Europe, plenty going on there, and it's an hour train ride away from Lake Como which is spectacular.

13 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

The major reason big Italian players dont often leave their league is because they've never had to. Serie A was the biggest league in the world until the 2000s and their top clubs can pay really well even in todays climate. Its not a homesick, culture thing.  Not many English players have gone overseas for the same reason.

One of the other reasons not many Italian footballers move to England is there just hasn't been that many good ones since the PL became the richest league in the world. There are decent players, but how many of them are actually good enough for one of our top clubs to pay big money for them?

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

He’s better than De Gea surely ?

Shit I thought Onana was off to Chelsea so I was comparing him to their two, I might be a bit lost in the transfer window here like.

12 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

BBC are running Chelsea linked with both Onanas, not sure if that's real or just they made the same mistake I did. 

It's Chelsea, they might be hoovering up all the Onanas just to be doubly sure they get the right one.

1 hour ago, TRC said:

Clubs need to stop bailing Chelsea out. If they get 150m for Mount + Havertz that will be obscene. 

That's not bailing them out man. That's buying their best players players, while they replace them with expensive, old trash. 

I would love Mount and Havertz here. Maybe for a bit less then 150, but seems about right.

2 hours ago, TRon said:

One of the other reasons not many Italian footballers move to England is there just hasn't been that many good ones since the PL became the richest league in the world. There are decent players, but how many of them are actually good enough for one of our top clubs to pay big money for them?

I don't think that's true at all, they clearly like to stay in Italy just as English players like to stay in the UK.