Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

16 minutes ago, Milanista said:

It looks like you're going to get Tonali. I'm quite shocked, not because we sold a player, but because we need Italians, in particular.

He is an incredible player. He can be a DM, he can be a box-to-box in the true marauding English style. Maybe not Gerrard exactly, but think young Roy Keane.

Our new ownership really does think they are smarter than everyone, and it seems that firing Maldini was truly a sign that they think they are smarter than everyone and are apparently going to go full-force into Moneyball.

We haven't sold a player under our previous owners, who are bankrolling our current owners--it seems that our new ownership structure is clearing out everyone who doesn't fit with their project.

I realize I'm going to get stick on here, and that's fine, I've tried to be gracious--but it seems our new ownership has very different plans to Maldini. I'm truly in shock.

Oh, and just as a note, salaries in Italy are reported in net, not gross.

You've just got a hell of a player, our fanbase is quite shocked.

For all the joking on, it's shit from your perspectives that this is happening (if it is) and we can definitely relate from our years under Ashley.

Hope you stick around 

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

Like the versatility and the idea of Bruno and Tonali being able to alternate during a game with who goes deep and not. Makes us less predictable. 

More so because it sounds like Tonali is very very fluid in his positional game 

1 minute ago, Milanista said:

I work in the intersection between fashion and law (I'd be an Italian stereotype if I wasn't Muslim [long story])--writing fast is not difficult.

I enjoyed talking to you all about Botman and football in general. I'm just shocked that our ownership sold Tonali.

Our new owners really think they have broken the code on transfers--and I'm angry that they think they can apply Moneyball to our club.

If it works, they're geniuses. If it doesn't, they're crazy.

I wasn’t even aware there was an intersection between fashion and law :lol:

1 minute ago, SiLvOR said:

Any danger of Gordon giving up the number 8 for this lad

You'd hope so. Gordon should never have got the 8 but I guess they weren't going to say "no, we're saving that for someone better in the summer".

3 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

Any danger of Gordon giving up the number 8 for this lad

I think 11 will be available for Gordon to take by the time the numbers are confirmed.