NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

I reckon we will have the funds for one... if we need it and by need, I don't mean want.

Alot will come down to who is available at that particular time and which clubs need to sell etc.

Jarred Bowen being link this morning. 

Think that would be a canny signing to be honest, as I can't think of a more suited current Premier League right winger that would fit our play style more then him.

Feels like one of those players that will stay at West Ham until he’s getting on a bit and then will transfer to somewhere like Spurs but maybe I’m doing him an injustice. I think he’d be very good for us but for some reason he just feels like one of those who will stick around at his club for years to come 

2 hours ago, 54 said:

Jarred Bowen being link this morning. 

Think that would be a canny signing to be honest, as I can't think of a more suited current Premier League right winger that would fit our play style more then him.

Really rate him. If I recall correctly we were after him before but wouldn't pay Hull what they wanted.

7 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Probably a lazy link like, but I'd be really happy with Bowen albeit we'd be putting a lot of our eggs in the English basket a bit. 

What’s wrong with having a load of English players (or any nationality really!), makes no difference if they are good enough

Just now, WilliamPS said:

What’s wrong with having a load of English players (or any nationality really!), makes no difference if they are good enough

Just a phases thing. For a time French footballers were in vogue because of how they'd been coached from grassroots level, then Spanish, Germans, Portuguese, now English. If/when this phase ends and there's a new style of coaching and football comes in from a new area, we've gone fairly heavily all in on one so it'll be harder to back away from it if we need to. 

30 minutes ago, andycap said:

Bowen is a great super smashing type of player, seems fit and does the running to suite our game wouldn't need much time to get upto howes fitness requirements. 

You can't beat a bit of Bowen.

West Ham would want a lot of wonga for Bowen, and there's likely to be some competition. 

Personally, I think he's a bit over-rated at the moment, and we'd probably get better value from abroad.

If we do get anyone in January, I imagine it would be a centre back at the absolute most.

I think if we “go big” next summer we’d be looking at RW and CF again. Could see us going back in for Kvara.