NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 hour ago, Ben said:

As of today, I'm disappointed in our transfer activity this summer 

we all knew it was gonna be tight because of FFP - just some decided to not belive that so they could look down at the transfer dealings.  Next year that £160M or whatever it was is back in play so that's when we'll spend big again but not this one.

Always find it's important to leave assessments about the transfer market until in closes.

All we have now is an incomplete picture. The club are such a tight ship we can only make educated guesses about FFP, what we've tried to do so far and potential targets going forward.

Edited by The Prophet

10 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

we all knew it was gonna be tight because of FFP - just some decided to not belive that so they could look down at the transfer dealings.  Next year that £160M or whatever it was is back in play so that's when we'll spend big again but not this one.

Whilst I agree we are constrained by FFP, I’m not sure we would have spent 50 odd million on Tonali if it was that tight and would leave us struggling to bring in other players.

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Whilst I agree we are constrained by FFP, I’m not sure we would have spent 50 odd million on Tonali if it was that tight and would leave us struggling to bring in other players.

We did similar in January to be fair.

14 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

34 days into a 78 day transfer window.  Probably best to keep your conclusions until the end. 

We’ll bring in another three, at least. It’s still mid-July. I’d expect LCFC/Soton will back down on Barnes/Livramento, as the Championship season is just under three weeks away now. They will want to get rid of players, and complete their rebuilds. Everything ramps up towards August.

Just needs patience, but nowadays, there is none. 

1 minute ago, Matt1892 said:

We did similar in January to be fair.

You could argue Tonali in Jan and Gordon in summer would've made a lot more sense re: timing. (Never would happen in terms of Tonali leaving Milan mid season but logical for us in terms of how short we all thought CM was).

Doesn't make a lot of sense signing Barnes this summer either but it appears we do place on emphasis on deals too good to miss for us/character.

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Anyone still find it hard to believe we signed Tonali? We've purchased one of the most promising players in Europe from his boyhood club and the Champions League semifinalists.

On 21/06/2023 at 09:20, HawK said:

This is a complete fantasy land signing. I can't believe this. If we can pull this one off, there's almost no-one I can't imagine us targeting. He's absolute quality and Milan born and bred. I thought he'd be their next mainstay, a la Maldini.

14 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Anyone still find it hard to believe we signed Tonali? We've purchased one of the most promising players in Europe from his boyhood club and the Champions League semifinalists.

Yep. I can’t fathom how folk are disappointed in the window as of today when we’ve already got this guy in. It was a total coup.