NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

7 minutes ago, NG32 said:

We could barely afford them under Ashley anyway. [emoji38]

That 09/10 season when we loaned in Harewood, Hall, Van Aanholt, Simpson and Khizanishvili….be still my beating heart. 

1 minute ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

We were going for dodgy nobody wants them loans under Ashley.. what we need is one of those big money club loans like Felix.

11mill loan fee wasn't it ? Similar effect on FFP that buying him would have.

1 minute ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

But only for that one year.. so might be a better option if we know we want to spend big the following season on a perm move for someone else.

But that one year would affect the current FFP (If we are as tight to it as they say .......of which I have my doubts)

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Plus his 230kpw (iirc) wage.

I don't necessarily mean Felix but the idea in principle. Didn't PSG sign mbappe on loan at first to get around FFP?

It's all part of the wheeling and dealing we need to do... Harry redknapp would be in his element nowadays!

On 18/07/2023 at 09:42, Gaztoon said:

PIF won't let us sign player the Saudi league may want..that's why our pool is so small..

Also, building 7

Oh shit, just thrown that in there at the end, I wonder how many will get the reference

Would like disasi and/or a left back to make the window a real good one.

Think the talk about Gordon being like a new signing might just turn out to be true.

WE GONNA BURN DA LEAGUE!!!

Presuming Maxi out and Barnes coming in are done deals, how many other incoming players do people think will arrive and in what positions?

I think we will look for a right forward but no idea about the defence, I went in to the summer seeing left back as one of the three priority positions but as the window goes on I think they might stick with Burn and Targett and instead spend on Livramento.

Just now, Matt1892 said:

Presuming Maxi out and Barnes coming in are done deals, how many other incoming players do people think will arrive and in what positions?

I think we will look for a right forward but no idea about the defence, I went in to the summer seeing left back as one of the three priority positions but as the window goes on I think they might stick with Burn and Targett and instead spend on Livramento.

2 more max imo.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

2 more max imo.

Think we might sneak in 3, particularly if Ashby is slated to go on loan to Swansea and Manquillo heads back to Spain.

RB, RCB, LB. I did think we’d go for a young forward who can play RW and up front. Although I think Eddie might see Gordon as that player already, so stick with 3.

Of those 3 at least 1 will be a season long loan with commitment to buy.

As much as we want a LB I just can’t see it happening with Burn, Targett and Dummett on the books. Trippier can also cover LB if we bring in another RB.

I think we’ll get Barnes, Livramento and a CB in on loan and that’ll be our lot. It’ll be a pretty good window if it is, although maybe one big signing away from what we were hoping for.

14 minutes ago, NSG said:

As much as we want a LB I just can’t see it happening with Burn, Targett and Dummett on the books. Trippier can also cover LB if we bring in another RB.

I think we’ll get Barnes, Livramento and a CB in on loan and that’ll be our lot. It’ll be a pretty good window if it is, although maybe one big signing away from what we were hoping for.

Looking back at the previous windows, I've felt this way after each of them. Jan 22 I thought we were an attacker short, last Jan I was concerned we hadn't brought in another CM. I can't remember any negativity after last summers window but I think I was too busy orgasming over Isak.

Anyway, after each of those windows we've achieved what we set out to achieve so what I take from that is that I know fuck all about anything.

20 minutes ago, NSG said:

Dummett is little more than a glorified cheerleader for quota purposes. I think they’d rather move Trippier there and play an alternative RB like Livramento.

Not really understanding the criticism on Target. He has been a little slow since getting games again, but is starting to show what he offers. We definitely need strengthening in that position, but he’s certainly a worthy back-up or a player to depend on when needed I feel. 

Burn belongs at centre-back. He can get caught out at times too, but I think that is more to do with being disciplined within his role with his positioning. 

I’m pleased to see what’s happening with all the investment going into our academy team as it looks like we’ll have a good handful of players coming into the 1st team, but right now we need that strength in depth and with the games ahead in the season, especially if we have injuries or suspensions to key players, we need to bring in more reliable players right-back, centrally and left-back. 

Edited by Geordie Boyo