NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

59 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

Can he really play right back in our system though? I haven't seen him play, so no idea.

He’s got the technical ability to play on the right and offer something. But whoever replaces Trippier there will be an obvious drop off in quality 

2 hours ago, KingArthur said:

Can he really play right back in our system though? I haven't seen him play, so no idea.

He’s not an out and out RB like Trippier but can do a job - much better than Burn at LB - hence why you also need a full time LB to balance things out a bit 

Like the earlier post - he has really good technical ability 

4 hours ago, TRC said:

Really need to be exploiting the loan market. Spurs did it with Kulu and Bentancur, we should do the same with Chiesa.

I think that’s something we’re probably looking at but you have to think with Chiesa that Juve are waiting to see if there are any cash offers first. It’s one that may happen later in the window perhaps even after the season starts. 

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Think if/when Maxi goes we'll pick the pace up a fair bit.

He was always the cork in the bottle. 

Barnes is pretty much done. I’d expect the club to follow up with Livramento. Then it’s a case of a LB & CB.  I wouldn’t mind Tierney & Jean-Clair Todibo.

Can someone give me a very quick idiots guide on how ffp works? I’m daft and (obviously wrongly assumed) if we got £40m for maxi we’d have that £40m to spend. Now I’m seeing selling maxi will mean we can bring in about 4 players.  

1 minute ago, Toon88 said:

He was always the cork in the bottle. 

Barnes is pretty much done. I’d expect the club to follow up with Livramento. Then it’s a case of a LB & CB.  I wouldn’t mind Tierney & Jean-Clair Todibo.

Tonali, Barnes, Livramento, Tierney, and Todibo would be an excellent window. Seems like too much to ask.

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

Can someone give me a very quick idiots guide on how ffp works? I’m daft and (obviously wrongly assumed) if we got £40m for maxi we’d have that £40m to spend. Now I’m seeing selling maxi will mean we can bring in about 4 players.  

Roughly if we sell him for 50mill we have that tos spend. However when we buy someone , say for 50mill that is spread over his contract, 5yrs for example, so 10mill per year ( wages are added in but that's it roughly) 

Edited by madras

1 minute ago, madras said:

Roughly if we sell him for 50mill we have that tos spend. However when we buy someone , say for 50mill that is spread over his contract, 5yrs for example, so 10mill per year ( wages are added in but that's it roughly) 

Ahh I see. Thank you 

1 minute ago, Ash2579 said:

So basically selling Maxi for 40-50 mil, gives us over 100mil extra to play with!

Yes but that's multiplies over the seasons, for example, if he's still here we'll still be paying maybe 15 or 16mill per year in 2 and 3 yrs time for Isak.

6 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Not a lot you can do in this situation unfortunately when they haven’t yet signed pro terms. Chelsea do what they often do and offer ridic terms just to stack them high. 

Sure they did the same with a young Southampton player who was England captain in his age group. 

Dont chelsea have first dibs on any player from a club in Heaton?

7 hours ago, Shearergol said:

Don't think there's anything wrong with this post at all. As of today I'm disappointed with it too. Everyone's aware of the FFP restrictions being banded around. Everyone's aware that nobody really knows how much we have to spend.

I'm certain we'll do more, at least 1 more first teamer coming in. But I really wanted us to ship all the deadwood off ASAP (obviously not easy as nobody else wants them).

VERY much looking forward to the point where we're just looking at bringing 1 or 2 in, so we don't have to worry about this :lol:

I think I was hoping for the squad to be in place by the time we started pre season, I think Howe may have thought the same.

4 minutes ago, Ben said:

I think I was hoping for the squad to be in place by the time we started pre season, I think Howe may have thought the same.

It really is that easy 

4 minutes ago, Ben said:

Every manager wants that. But it’s very, very rare for it to be the case.

2 hours ago, Ben said:

There was no chance that was going to happen. 

Just now, toon25 said:

Am very surprised at lack of loan signings/rumours, like.

I guess that will that be the fall back option for later in the window, depending on other / permanent transfers?

Even wil loan with option to buy, selling clubs woudl probably rather try and sell outright first.