NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

20 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Found it odd no PL clubs went for Gyokores in the summer.

I think it may have been a personal choice on his behalf - to go away - be the main man and work for a very good coach

What's everyones thoughts on Toney? Bit of a knacker but his confidence is similar to that of Wilson, he'd be a great option to rotate with Wilson and allow Isak to rotate also with them and the wide players.

Barnes left, Gordon right?

I do think a RW would be great too, but not sure who....Bowen from WHU? or some unknown European?

9 minutes ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

What's everyones thoughts on Toney? Bit of a knacker but his confidence is similar to that of Wilson, he'd be a great option to rotate with Wilson and allow Isak to rotate also with them and the wide players.

Barnes left, Gordon right?

I do think a RW would be great too, but not sure who....Bowen from WHU? or some unknown European?

I’d rather have Mbuemo 

Next two windows the priorities are a winger (ideal scenario would be Kvaratskhelia and moving Gordon over to the right), a striker and a proper beast of a CB. Agree we need another goalkeeper but think these other priorities are more urgent. 

I worry about how an injury to Bruno would impact us. 

We desperately need someone who like Bruno, is press proof and able to open up the game, it's such a key part of our success.

Miley may have it buts it's still far too early in his development to give him that responsibility imo and Tonali doesn't have those same qualities from the little I've seen of him.

Edited by Thumbheed

I know they were different windows but I do find it a bit strange that we didn’t (that we know of) go for Paqueta when he was clearly available and then spent big money on Tonali.

This isn’t a debate about who is the better player, we don’t know, and it may have about priorities but, you can’t help feel we missed an opportunity.

4 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I know they were different windows but I do find it a bit strange that we didn’t (that we know of) go for Paqueta when he was clearly available and then spent big money on Tonali.

This isn’t a debate about who is the better player, we don’t know, and it may have about priorities but, you can’t help feel we missed an opportunity.

They are both very similar players as well........off the pitch 😳

I'd put in 50m bids for both Eze and Bowen.

Bowen would be an exact upgrade on Miggy on that side and he screams of Eddie Howe. I'm a huge fan.

Eze is an outrageous talent, he could play on the right for us or as a more attacking minded number 8. 

The key being that both are PL proven, will take no time to settle and will instantly improve our ability to break teams down.

(I'm sure there are cheaper options abroad, but I won't pretend to know the market).