NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

14 minutes ago, Menace said:

They only paid about £1m for him in the summer, not exactly a club flush of money. For £10M+ he'd be a no brainer imo

Very interesting.

The Championship has some talent in there.

I agree. Well worth a go for that price. Could see him coming up and doing what Bowen has from that right side, who is yet another that came up and adjusted very quickly.

We need to get some of these types of guys.

37 minutes ago, PCW1983 said:

I’d have MGW in a heartbeat, high energy, consistent and able to finish. Could easily slot into our midfield in my view for either Willock or Longstaff. 

Aye he's class. Think we've missed the boat on him now though, really we needed to get him at the price Forest did.

Edited by Kid Icarus

We desperately need a RW.

The fall off from Barnes and Gordon to our other wide options in terms of how much threat they pose is massive.

We need depth, not only to cover injuries and rotate from game to game but also to make changes during games as the front three start to tire.

Was fine today as we were 3-0 up once they started to slow down but more often than not the game is still in the balance at that point. If we're bringing on players like Almiron and Murphy we're gonna struggle to close games out or find goals when we need them.

Much will depend on finances and our ability to shift deadwood, of course. Ideal scenario for me would be moving on Almiron and Wilson and bringing in two to replace them.

A top class, first team ready RW to challenge Gordon and Barnes to start.

A versatile young player who can play wide or through the middle.

Keep Minteh around as well for me, looks like an absolute handful to be throwing on for the last 20 minutes of the games when they get stretched.

No info to back this up but if money is tight I think we go for a player that can play across the 3 or at least the right and the middle as just can't see the funds being there for a striker and a dedicated winger. 

Edited by nufcjmc

4 minutes ago, nufcjmc said:

No info to back this up but if money is tight I think we got for a player that can play across the 3 or at least the right and the middle as just can't see the funds being there for a striker and a dedicated winger. 

Somebody like Benjamin Sesko? Ok I’m in

I'd have CB as job number one.

Under Howe, we score goals, we always have and always will. We need more quality in defence. Pace in particular.

Just now, STM said:

Under Howe, we score goals, we always have and always will. We need more quality in defence. Pace in particular.

Logically, I think you're right. But I am desperate for us to sign another top-class attacking player.

When I think about what our weaknesses are it's definitely not scoring goals... it's probably controlling games against lesser sides who've constantly managed to create chances against us on the counter this season. I think we need an athletic DM for those games who can cover a lot of ground on transitions and also some pace in CB.

Edited by Smal

19 minutes ago, STM said:

I think our struggles this season have been from not being as affective winning the ball further up the pitch. I'd go for a CM first and foremost but I guess injuries take that out of our hands.

I can't see anyone gambling on Wilson this window after such a bad run of injuries this season so if we bring in another forward it'll probs have to be another versatile one who can play across the frontline to a good level. I'm expecting one of Miggy/Murphy to go (probably the former), Minteh stays if we're in Europe + said versatile forward. We have to find more solutions to protect Isak if we're in for another busy schedule.

I'm hoping we at least get one of Tosin/Kelly in to bolster defence for a relatively modest outlay. Tosin ticks a lot of boxes, Kelly looks a bit of a risk with his injuries. Hall will be much more in the first XI frame next season imo.

That then leaves CM and GK. I feel like we've seen this season how important another strong goalie is. Pope has dislocated his shoulder more than once now iirc so it's a concern. 

CM feels relatively well stacked in terms of numbers, like, especially with Tonali back. Just can't see us getting another one in until someone else goes. Maybe Miley going on loan would trigger something, or someone going for Longstaff/Willock - this feels unlikely. Alternatively, we sign someone like MGW who can play in midfield or on the wing, should we need to move Gordon in the middle to help rotate Isak, but that feels far from ideal really.

Just now, Gallowgate Toon said:

I can't see anyone gambling on Wilson this window after such a bad run of injuries this season so if we bring in another forward it'll probs have to be another versatile one who can play across the frontline to a good level. I'm expecting one of Miggy/Murphy to go (probably the former), Minteh stays if we're in Europe + said versatile forward. We have to find more solutions to protect Isak if we're in for another busy schedule.

I'm hoping we at least get one of Tosin/Kelly in to bolster defence for a relatively modest outlay. Tosin ticks a lot of boxes, Kelly looks a bit of a risk with his injuries. Hall will be much more in the first XI frame next season imo.

That then leaves CM and GK. I feel like we've seen this season how important another strong goalie is. Pope has dislocated his shoulder more than once now iirc so it's a concern. 

CM feels relatively well stacked in terms of numbers, like, especially with Tonali back. Just can't see us getting another one in until someone else goes. Maybe Miley going on loan would trigger something, or someone going for Longstaff/Willock - this feels unlikely. Alternatively, we sign someone like MGW who can play in midfield or on the wing, should we need to move Gordon in the middle to help rotate Isak, but that feels far from ideal really.

CM is well stacked but we have seven 8s and one 6.

Is Gibbs White this season’s Maddison where we talk about him loads but aren’t actually anywhere near signing him or is there some noise that we are interested and he may want to join?

1 minute ago, TRC said:

CM is well stacked but we have seven 8s and one 6.

Think Miley ultimately might end up as a #6.

In the system we play, at least.

Howe explicitly said early this season that he thought we had 3 players capable of playing the DM role, including Bruno. I'm assuming he was considering Tonali and Longstaff as this was a presser comment pre-Miley. Maybe he meant Joelinton over Longstaff though.

Bruno

Tonali

Joelinton 

Longstaff

Anderson

Willock 

Miley 

+ a couple of stand-in options.

That's a decent number of players for 3 spots, and I also think we'll see some more variations of 2 men midfields next year as well. Personally, I think we need another reliable, quality addition in there but something has to give while we have to be efficient squad builders, imo.

1 hour ago, Smal said:

When I think about what our weaknesses are it's definitely not scoring goals... it's probably controlling games against lesser sides who've constantly managed to create chances against us on the counter this season. I think we need an athletic DM for those games who can cover a lot of ground on transitions and also some pace in CB.

True, but last season our bread and butter was not losing and rarely conceding 

Maybe will a fully fit team, we'd get back to that