NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

48 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Hypothetical scenario as it is, and I don't want to sell either of them, but it's incredible to think that if we sold them to Real Madrid in January, the owners would nearly get back what they paid for the entire club 2 years ago :lol: 

Amazing isn’t it! Oh well Osimhen incoming ?

16 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Don’t expect us to buy anyone until the summer personally. 

I think we will. Squad isn't strong enough we're already stretched. Especially if we're still in cups / CL.

Just now, duo said:

I think we will. Squad isn't strong enough we're already stretched. Especially if we're still in cups / CL.

FFP will prevent us from buying anyone, a loan possibly. 

we couldn’t get Hall in permanently because FFP.  

4 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Wouldn't the Jan 2021 signings (Bruno, Burn, Tripper etc) of circa £90m drop off from the FFP amount this January? As it'll have been 3 years

January 2022.

I'm not sure Andersen makes much sense. 

Similar ability to Schar, is 28 at the end of the season, would probably cost £50m. If we're spending that kind of cash we will surely be looking at younger age profiles with a higher ceiling who we will have for many years to come.

2 minutes ago, Smal said:

I'm not sure Andersen makes much sense. 

Similar ability to Schar, is 28 at the end of the season, would probably cost £50m. If we're spending that kind of cash we will surely be looking at younger age profiles with a higher ceiling who we will have for many years to come.

Agree he’s a cracking player but on the old side, really hoping for someone with pace as well, if Botman has one weakness it’s he’s not the quickest having someone cover for this would be great. 

40 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Wouldn't the Jan 2021 signings (Bruno, Burn, Tripper etc) of circa £90m drop off from the FFP amount this January? As it'll have been 3 years

35 minutes ago, NSG said:

January 2022.

No, it is season to season, not calendar month + three years.  We’re unlikely to have any ‘give’ left in January - I’d expect no-one to come in, unless perhaps a cheap loan signing.  

4 hours ago, r0cafella said:

If we're still in the Champions League then we will be earning more money than we would have planned for, so it would at least be a possibility. Just making it to the Round of 16 would give us an extra £15-20M+ from the win/draw bonuses + R16 bonus. Extra broadcast / match day revenue too.

Whatever we do go for i hope its quality before quantity. We have some decent depth now compared to before (ignoring the current injuries) so we won’t need to plug too many gaps every window. Signing 1-2 players each window of the highest quality should be the way forward now. Personally I think a right sided wide player and CB should be priority whenever we sign the next two (maybe CM too). Get the best ones available out there in the age group of say 19-24 or thereabouts. But for players that are likely to make a difference more or less from the off, or after some bedding in. 

5 hours ago, r0cafella said:

We’ve just created a single share the other week for £60m as well as creating others last week for between £12-112m. Our FFP has been fixed again for the next window I believe though will stand corrected if not. 

For me its you gotta sign a Jean-Clair Todibo type player > absolute unit, with pace, good in air, and good on the ball. Think he's very good ball carrier too. Then it's the marquee right sided forward/winger. We do need a backup striker to Isak and Wilson too. 

10 minutes ago, LFEE said:

We’ve just created a single share the other week for £60m as well as creating others last week for between £12-112m. Our FFP has been fixed again for the next window I believe though will stand corrected if not. 

Eh? What does that have to do with FFP?

6 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Eh? What does that have to do with FFP?

Kieran McGuire (basically the godfather of football finance) said on his podcast last week that it’s a legal way of increasing FFP limits and was discussing us directly and these newly formed shares. I’ve no reason to disbelieve him as like I said there’s not much he doesn’t know about football finance.

Check his podcasts out (The Price Of Football). They are great.

1 hour ago, Ikon said:

Whatever we do go for i hope its quality before quantity. We have some decent depth now compared to before (ignoring the current injuries) so we won’t need to plug too many gaps every window. Signing 1-2 players each window of the highest quality should be the way forward now. Personally I think a right sided wide player and CB should be priority whenever we sign the next two (maybe CM too). Get the best ones available out there in the age group of say 19-24 or thereabouts. But for players that are likely to make a difference more or less from the off, or after some bedding in. 

Agreed! But CM first, then right sided wide player for me. 

2 hours ago, LFEE said:

Kieran McGuire (basically the godfather of football finance) said on his podcast last week that it’s a legal way of increasing FFP limits and was discussing us directly and these newly formed shares. I’ve no reason to disbelieve him as like I said there’s not much he doesn’t know about football finance.

Check his podcasts out (The Price Of Football). They are great.

Was it referring to the £30m extra per year you can have in losses if backed by funding or deductions from investments in things like youth and women's football, community, etc? I think pretty much anyone doing FFP math is basing it on £105m allowable losses over a three year period, so the former isn't that interesting. The latter is more interesting though as it does seem like one of the biggest FFP loopholes out there. It's quite vague and you wouldn't even really know the impact of it until accounts come out a couple years later.

8 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Was it referring to the £30m extra per year you can have in losses if backed by funding or deductions from investments in things like youth and women's football, community, etc? I think pretty much anyone doing FFP math is basing it on £105m allowable losses over a three year period, so the former isn't that interesting. The latter is more interesting though as it does seem like one of the biggest FFP loopholes out there. It's quite vague and you wouldn't even really know the impact of it until accounts come out a couple years later.

Judge for yourself… Found episode for you.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-price-of-football/id1482886394?i=1000627801393

15 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

If I were the club i'd be offering him a £10k per million he can find extra that they don't know about, however I reckon they know it all by now, and if not, they'd paid someone else to find it.

22 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Eh, doesn't clarify because no one will really know. He's saying it's good because it's a further commitment from the owners, but it doesn't tell us anything about future spending capabilities. It doesn't really "fix" FFP unless all of that money is being used for the things you can take deductions on (which would be bold and also seems unlikely).